EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

toyotech

Expedition Leader
HOLY SMOKES that is drop dead SEXY!!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool:

Taco's don't appear to have enough payload in stock form, even with upgraded susp then you're needing to upgrade gearing, then larger brakes........

Who makes that Aussie setup??

I'm sure it's all aluminum and not much more weight compared to a fiberglass shell. RTT and dual swing out steel bumper

2452f518e3b0c6c330ca8009849b898a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4wd26

d990fe0b04b14f681734ad7cf9fa2d6e.jpg

d954468a442c4d5fcd930a73a947780d.jpg

I like this one, including the portal axles

The "jack off" type canopy arrangement is not that practical in camping situations, perfect to have a trade ute during the week and put the canopy on for weekends though

Legs just are not solid enough in a camping situation unless lowered

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
If you guys don't knock this crap off, Paul's going to abandon this Earthroamer project and start working on a wooden flatbed!

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
If you guys don't knock this crap off, Paul's going to abandon this Earthroamer project and start working on a wooden flatbed!

Maybe someday... I got back from Western Australia yesterday and will be back on task with the ER jeep next week... Feeling very inspired by the way the Australians approach offroad designs... They have taken it to a whole 'nother level...

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Totally agree! The Autralians are on top of the game right now. We did a lot of research on that market. That's the reason we went with windows that are designed for the australian outback. We are also currently selling more composite truck bodies to Australia than anywhere else! I may even fly there soon to assist in a expedition truck build. Never been there, should be fun!

Adventurous

Explorer
d990fe0b04b14f681734ad7cf9fa2d6e.jpg

d954468a442c4d5fcd930a73a947780d.jpg

I like this one, including the portal axles

The "jack off" type canopy arrangement is not that practical in camping situations, perfect to have a trade ute during the week and put the canopy on for weekends though

Legs just are not solid enough in a camping situation unless lowered

A "jack off" canopy. :********:

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
22 - Window Cut Out

P1200277.JPG

(above) The window source is Peninsula Glass in Vancouver, WA... The size is roughly 42" x 24"...

P1200278.JPG

(above) The cut line is marked on the masking tape...

P1200279.JPG

(above) Tools for the job... The wall material is balsa core, with fiberglass on both sides... The outside glass layer is abot 1/4" and the inside is close to 1/8"...

P1200281.JPG

(above) Th window is loosely put into place...

P1200282.JPG

(above) I like it...!!!...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior