EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Any concern about reduced aerodynamics(I know I know, it's a JK with a big/tall box on it already) from the added wood "ball cap" on top of the shell?
I wanted to have a place to mount the light and a simple way to transition the new top to the cabin... Aerodynamics...???... Not a huge deciding factor...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Just want to let y'all know that there won't be anything happening on the Jeep for the next three weeks... Going to lead a woodsurfboard workshop on the southwest tip of Australia... Hopefully there will be heaps of Auzzie style vehicle inspiration to absorb... No worries, no hurries mates...!!!...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Meanwhile in Australia...

G'day from down under...!!!..

After several days here on the west coast I have few observations... The folks here are serious about offroad travel... Most of the "everyday" trucks are equipped for almost anything imaginable going wrong offroading... Mega-wattage lights are pretty much standard equipment, as are multiple spare tires, hi-lift jacks and sand-tracks... Lots of Toyota, Land Rover and Jeep... The bigger rigs are mostly Isuzu... Crash bars are on the front of the majority of vehicles here in the south west and a lot of the bars extend to cover front wheel to the front door collisions... All very interesting... Here are a few photos I shot while walking about... More later...
P1130286.JPG

P1130297.JPG

P1130298.JPG

P1130300.JPG

Attachments

• P1130286.jpg
    P1130286.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 96

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I love the Aussie aluminum canopies they cover their flatness with!! So versatile and makes so much sense to keep everything dust free and hidden, but easily accessible without having to reach over the normal bed sides

Chris Boyd

Explorer
If only we had a suitable rig to mount those on! The tundra and dodge full-size are just too big for me! Not sure the Tacoma could handle that weight.

The 70 series LC and the Patrols seem perfect, especially with the diesel torque for the power plant.

That canopy is awesome!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
If only we had a suitable rig to mount those on! The tundra and dodge full-size are just too big for me! Not sure the Tacoma could handle that weight.

The 70 series LC and the Patrols seem perfect, especially with the diesel torque for the power plant.

That canopy is awesome!

That thing needs to be longer to even fit a tundra bed. Looks like a short bed shell. I doubt they are that heavy being its all aluminum.

Taco can handle it. Have you not seen the stuff guys bolt to the bed of those tacos. RTT. Bed rack. Tons of gear. Duel swing out. Armor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The access to the compartment from the side is great since in lots of parts of Australia the rear end gets covered in dust or mud - the sides stay relatively clean.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Agreed.

3d146e541787f9cb0d71e36c66243358.jpg

60537a1c5875e635e36bca0c1ba8b288.jpg

If there was a company making these available for a Fullsize Tray Bed, like the UTE Bed here in the States, I'd probably order one this month. I seriously think this is the perfect set-up. You have access to just your bed if need be, all within a few minutes of unlatching it and jacking it up, and all your stuff stored in the cap is safe and secure

Me personally, I'd want it for a F-250 short bed. Take my money please

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
HOLY SMOKES that is drop dead SEXY!!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool:

That thing needs to be longer to even fit a tundra bed. Looks like a short bed shell. I doubt they are that heavy being its all aluminum.

Taco can handle it. Have you not seen the stuff guys bolt to the bed of those tacos. RTT. Bed rack. Tons of gear. Duel swing out. Armor.

Taco's don't appear to have enough payload in stock form, even with upgraded susp then you're needing to upgrade gearing, then larger brakes........

Who makes that Aussie setup??

tienckb

Adventurer
Orgasmic beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Flat bed modular designs are the most sensible thing when it comes to maximizing function out of your vehicle. Done right, something like that would run in the 50K range (including a much higher quality flat bed than the aforementioned brand). Is there a market here for that? I love the way that whole package looks, great design cues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94