EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

adam88

Explorer
Wow. Dion's post clearly shows a mentally unbalanced person. The comparisons to Tesla are obsessive and creepy. Good for you Mike. Get your jeep and get the hell away from this guy. He is NOT stable. Trust me ive worked with mentally unbalanced patients for years and the way he speaks is bad news.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thanks for all of the support, my friends. It's very helpful given the situation is not going to end well.

As I've pieced together more of the actual story, it seems that Dion had no substantial funding in place when he started Red Cannon, so that his ability to complete my Jeep required finding an investor to fund his business. In turn, the more he could delay me picking up the Jeep, the more time he had to use it when continuing the search for funds and the longer he avoided a reckoning with me. In the meantime, the money I'd given him for specific tasks on my Jeep went for other expenses. It was 100% the wrong thing for him to do, both legally and ethically, but I finally understand how things developed the way they did.

It was a terrible decision to take the Jeep apart without clearly having the resources to put it back together as the Red Cannon "Darien," but when Dion did that last summer, he thought he'd have the money. When the investors didn't come through, he, me and the Jeep were all screwed.

I'll be going to Iowa to get the Jeep in a couple of weeks. It would be helpful to have another person help me with the pickup--and I have had volunteers willing to put themselves out and travel long distances to help me (which is amazing and much appreciated)--so if there's anyone in the immediate vicinity of Fairfield, Iowa, with a few hours spare time, please sent me a private message.

It's impressive that there's as much interest in the fate of this project as there is. I will keep you posted, but there's not likely to be much useful anyone can add until I get the Jeep and inventory where things stand.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Best of luck Mike. Cooler heads will prevail. Once you get the Jeep back you can assess the situation and it may not be as bad as we all think. While it will never again be what it was it still has a chance to be all it can be given the situation.
Safe travels.
Ward

4xdog

Explorer
Mike, I'm driving next five hours. I'll send pm when I'm home. Something might make sense using STL inbound.

What are "cousins" for, eh?

Don Hiscock

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Off-topic but who is this other Jeremy guy?

Sorry, I blew it on the name. It was Justin, aka JMarquand/ZukiCamper. I found his build thread where his fraud was discussed, but somewhere there was another thread where someone had gone through a whole process of figuring out where his money had gone, then dealing with local Sheriffs, etc. Ugly and sad.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Sorry, I blew it on the name. It was Justin, aka JMarquand/ZukiCamper. I found his build thread where his fraud was discussed, but somewhere there was another thread where someone had gone through a whole process of figuring out where his money had gone, then dealing with local Sheriffs, etc. Ugly and sad.

Oh yeah, of HD-RV/MegAmbo. That was another very disappointing one. IIRC he's now a convicted felon(again?)...

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Holy cow. I've been busy and just caught wind of what happened. So sorry to hear about it Mike!

I hope you can salvage something, but could totally understand wanted to just cut your losses with the project too. It would be tough to be reminded of the experience and money/time that went into the rig.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Oh yeah, of HD-RV/MegAmbo. That was another very disappointing one. IIRC he's now a convicted felon(again?)...

I wondered what happened to that thread!

About a year ago I had saved some pictures from it for future reference, but when I tried to go back to the thread it was gone. I found various references to it when I did a search, but not the whole thing. Even his Facebook page has been shut down.

Mike,

I've followed this entire thread and was really shocked to hear what happened. I know it's very sad, but when you get it back just think of it as a clean slate that you can do anything you want with.

Good luck,

~Pat

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I wondered what happened to that thread!

About a year ago I had saved some pictures from it for future reference, but when I tried to go back to the thread it was gone. I found various references to it when I did a search, but not the whole thing. Even his Facebook page has been shut down.

Mike,

I've followed this entire thread and was really shocked to hear what happened. I know it's very sad, but when you get it back just think of it as a clean slate that you can do anything you want with.

Good luck,

~Pat

I have many pics of it if you need Pat. I flew to NC to see it/ride in it, and visit UJOR while I was in NC.

patoz

Expedition Leader
I saved quite a few myself, but thanks Jeremy.

I was mainly interested in how he did the shower on the back of one of them he built. I may do something like that on mine.

westyss

Explorer
Mike, very sorry to hear all this bad news! I am very bummed out with the whole thing but it certainly is a reminder to everyone that it takes an incredible amount of time, money and work to complete any kind of project like this and particularly it takes persisitance to carry it out to completion.

I hope that you can get it all worked out in the end, get all the pieces back on home turf and sit on it for a bit and a solution will arise.

All the best buddy!

SCBrian

Observer
WoW! I only tune in every so often to follow along, one of my most favorite threads/builds to follow. Sorry to see it end(?) like this.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I don't get what bickering is all about and I am not about to read 100 plus pages of bickering .

The long-term chronicles of the life of a Earthroamer XV-JP. The short spattering of naysayer bickering is but a small section. The read is worth it if you have the time and interest.

As someone who followed this build when it was "in progress" at Mr. Paul Jensen's, I was dismayed to see the unfortunate turn this has taken, but my hat is off to Mike for his willingness to give us an honest recounting of the events.

adam88

Explorer
I don't get what bickering is all about and I am not about to read 100 plus pages of bickering .

I may be off base but my interpretation of it is as follows:

- Some (rich?) dude bought an earthroamer jeep
- Didn't like a lot of things about it so tore it apart and changed how the roof opened and a bunch of other stuff
- People on this thread said "Wow I want one, if you make one I'd be buy"
- Dude decided it would be a good idea to turn his passion into a business and start a company
- Teamed up with the original guy who made the earthroamer jeep molds and sent him his jeep (to cut apart and turn into a mold) and a buncha cash
- Guy burned up all the cash doing something, tore apart the jeep and now the dude is going to pick up the jeep and what's left of it

Dunno how far off I am but that's what I gathered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior