EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
37 - Zebrawood Veneer and Drawer Boxes...

P1150659.JPG

(above) One sheet of Zebrawood veneer for the lower casework... Was thinking of going with something not as costly, but I feel I must carry on the tradition...

P1150657.JPG

(above) 1/2" plywood drawer boxes with box joint corners...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
38 - Drawer Boxes and Some Cabinet Electrical...

P1150693.JPG

(above) With sub-freezing temperatures outside for several days now, some in-the-heated-shop time was the call... Here the last of the four drawer boxes is ready for glue a few pin nails and adding the plywood bottom with more glue and 1/4" crown staples...

P1150694.JPG

(above) Been thinking about the placement of switches, outlet and controls a lot... The heater control is to the far left under the stove countertop... Twin USB outlets and a 12V DC receptacle are to the right... The rest of the switches for lights, water pump, etc will be above the cabinet...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
39 - Casework and veneer...

P1150695.JPG

(above) The casework edge and face at the sink and door, was scribe for a consistent reveal with the sink then sanded to the curve with a 7" disk sander/grinder... Glad I've shaped a lot of wood surfboards with a tool similar to this... Get a lot done, fast... Risk of serious casework damage: high...

P1150696.JPG

(above) The rear curb-side cabin where the casework will go...

P1150697.JPG

(above) Can't think of anything else to do to it at this point...

P1150698.JPG

(above) Ready for veneer...!!!...

P1150699.JPG

(above) A few hours later...

P1150700.JPG

(above) Today was a very good day...!!!...

ripperj

Explorer
Very, very nice.
I picked up small piece of Zebra wood at at tag sale, I'm trying to find a home for it in my Alaskan build, but the rest is all Maple and Ash, so I may have to save it

Sent from my Passport

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
40 - Awning Lights and Bag Hanger

P1150702.JPG

(above) Two, clear, bright white, LED awning lights were added to the rear cabin just below the awning... They put out a lot of light, (read a newspaper from 20' away) are a bit cold, maybe too bright, but awe unobtrusive... Thinking that when the awnings are out, the light will be diffused evenly over the covered area... The bar under the window is primarily an access strep for the roof rack, but everyday it will be the go to place to hang things to dry... Might also double as a shower head holder...???...

P1150701.JPG

(above) A pair of lights are over here too... Disk and track accessory attachment points were added behind the spare... Thinking a dry bag would work here... For what...???...

Heifer Boy

Adventurer
Nice work Paul.

For that curved kitchen corner it looks like you built it as a right angled plywood joint first. Did you then just block it on the inside to give you the material to sand away or use some other method?

Also, where did you get the tiny recessed exterior lights from?

HB

PaulJensen

Custom Builder

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
41 - Rough Idea Wiring Diagram...

P1150703%2B-%2BEdited.jpg

(above) To help me understand how to wire the rear cabin, I came up with this rough diagram... It's not perfect but I feel OK with it for now...

I just saw an omission...Oops...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
42 - Teak Countertops...

I started the old teak floor back in January 2012 - http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/51254-EarthRoamer-XV-JP-quot-Northwest-Edition-quot/page28

I decided to use it for the new countertop...

P1150704.JPG

(above) Looking fine for being a few years old...

P1150705.JPG

(above) The plywood sub-counter has masking tape fillers that are the scribe cut lines for the teak counter... No math involved...

P1150706.JPG

(above) Cut lines are transferred to the teak with making tape (again) ...

P1150707.JPG

(above) The cutting is mostly done...

P1150709.JPG

(above) The stove cover adds workspace...

P1150710.JPG

(above) I found an inexpensive "plantation teak" cutting board at a store and cut and routered it to fit here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles