EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
The wood veneer (zebrawood) is the indeed the same species as Paul put into my first #003 interior. Then, when he did his own interior, he decided to honor tradition by using zebrawood again. Then when I did my interior, I thought hard about changing to something more mainstream, but decided who was I to change it after all these years? I'm glad you like it, since it's not exactly in widespread overlanding use. :)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
It occured to me that my interior photos might be more helpful if I showed what lurked behing the zebrawood . . .

Three water Rotopaxs, 5-gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid that serves as the loo, and a black plastic "toilet seat" that kinda works.

P1020811.JPG

Here's the genuine Aspenora fridge. Never heard of them? Me neither, but I had a heck of a problem finding a fridge that was squat enough to put in the drawer. It's here in place of the 35 liter Dometic that was in the first interior. But besides it being old, the Dometic's lid hinged sideway, which wasn't nearly as handy. So far,this fridge is working great, and the fancy controls are more upscale than the one knob of its predecessor. It cost me something less than one-fifth the price of the 40-liter National Luna equivalent, so expectations are modest. But it slides in and out (with about a nanometer of clearance) and that's what had to happen.

P1020812.JPG

College-dorm level microwave . . .

P1020813.JPG

Toiletry/Kitchen stuff. Most of it mini, travel-size, collapsible or with some other attribute to help cope with a limited drawer depth . . .

P1020815.JPG

The upper drawer. Smaller and no deeper, unfortunately . . .

P1020816.JPG

A flop-down door covering the thin amount of space left in front of the streetside wheel well . . .

P1020814.JPG

And (though temporarily covered with a map rather than zebrawood) this is the flop-down door/cutting board in front of the rear compartment. The green case is inflate/deflate stuff, the black case is outdoorsy bits like sunscreen, bug spray, and other stuff you might get at quickly without having to open up the cabin. The compressor rests on snap pins so it's locked in place but can easily be pulled up and off. The compressor is a backup/alternative to the CO2 Powertank on the exterior. The plug on the compressor is a snap-in trolling motor connector that goes into a matching exterior outlet on either side. The hatch was added into the compartment so I can get this stuff out without opening the rear door.

P1020810.JPG

As always, ask if the photos prompt questions.

Mike

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
<finally logged back in>

Seeing how much thought and effort you put into the revision of the XV-JP for your own use Mike, it's surely a damn cozy and efficient space for 1. Lots of useful light pouring in more than before; airy and refreshing to relax and travel in. Highly commendable!

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thanks. It's working out very well. I'm going to add a hinged section to the front of the bench so that tall guys like you can fit better. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles