EarthRoamer XV Finished... Pics Inside

articulate

Expedition Leader
bigreen505 said:
...who exactly is the target market? $100,000 puts this squarely in Sportsmobile territory, but the two are clearly targeting different buyers just based on the physical size of the vehicles. Could you imagine a couple living out the XV-JP for months or years at a time? So who is the target market? People who can afford to buy one, traveling solo or as a couple over trails up to about a 3.0 rating, primarily for relatively short trips, who don't bring much stuff with them and certainly not bikes or kayaks (I guess a hitch mount could work for bikes)?

Thoughts?
Interesting. I'd gather that this XV-JP is aimed right retired folk (early?) with time and means to travel and who would likely buy an RV or bus to tow their 4x4 vehicle if this thing hadn't come along. I think there is a perfect market for this thing, and they want to spend their money. The original ER is enormous - I'd be confident to suspect that plenty of research went into developing this Jeep. And that research wasn't done on internet discussion forums for God's sake.

I like your approach to this topic, Bill. :beer:

Bongo Boy

Observer
Darren said:
Exactly. Which is why you feel need to put down the company and the concept, just as a few others have done here.
Your interpretation, I guess, of what to me was a very clear compliment of the implementation, and the folks who made it happen. I believe I was explicitly complimentary in these areas.

I was also very clear that I was sharing my opinions, nothing more--since I used 'IMO' and 'for me' extensively. My opinions don't require any validation. As for the price, no where did I even hint I took issue with the pricing--I specifically used a little smiley to humorously-suggest how I could otherwise spend the money; I think that 'camping' and 'Ritz Carlton' should have made it clear this was a humorous comment, not a serious jab at the pricing. I have never had any issue with anyone or any company based on how they choose to price their offerings.

I thought folks were inviting themselves to share their opinions--I shared mine and am surprised anyone would find them offensive, unless glowingly-positive comments are the only sort that are welcome.

I DID mis-word the 'any easy trails' comment. My intended meaning was to counter the claim that the vehicle would negotiate ALL easy trails. The specific trails I have in mind are flat, level, no obstacles other than overhead clearance (rock and/or trees). I also was quick to admit there are likely many trails the unit wouldn't have problems with. I hardly think this is a big issue.

On a public forum where the riff-raff are allowed in, one might reasonably expect a broad spectrum of opinion (substantiated to your satisfaction, or not), expressed in a variety of ways. However, I will happily limit my opinions here to: none, those that are solicited by those who have been authorized to make such solicitations, or to more constructive comments.

I have only the best wishes for all business endeavors, especially small business. I sincerely hope this venture is as successful as those involved expect it to be.

Last edited:

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

Has Earthroamer comes out with an approximate price for their XV-JP?
Figure a base Jeep 4 door at about 30K give or take. I haven't seen how much a rubicon version would be.

offroadchef

Adventurer
Kermit said:
I would assume Eathroamer is trying to get the American version of this.

Does anyone know what one of these go for in Europe? I can't seem to find pricing.

I think there is pricing in here, but, I don't understand German...http://www.innovation-campers.de/d_main.html

111.jpg

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4795

I found the price list, do you want to know about the land rover or land cruiser,

They are on a trip to South America until October, so any specif question would have to wait until then. will look at the price list more closely/ What prices are of interest right now? Will try to do my best with the translation.

Markus:)

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

At $77k for the base price seems a bit on the high side, I would think $60-65K would be a bit more realistics; but I must admit I haven't seen one ouside of these pictures. I agree with some of the other folks and Take the $77k and buy a new vehicle and build one up myself and then take the remaining money (+/- $25k) and have a great vacation or two. I'm sure it's a very capable rig, even if it's not a rockcrawler nor was it designed to be. If people like it, they will buy it no matter what the cost, and if it's outside your price range, you can't afford it so there's no use bad mouthing it. I like the looks of it but I will never purchase one; too expensive for my budget. Good work to Earthroamer just the same.

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

Obviously I read that wrong! Oh well, there is still one truth to the whole matter; It's out of my price range. Especially when my new 4 bedroom house was only about 35k more and after 10 years, if I sell it, I should be able to turn a profit. I don't think the roamer will!

viter

Adventurer
xv-jp made the big news round-up in truck trend magazine - http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/2007/163_0708_max_payload_auto_news/sprinter_ford_flex.html

along with more rumors about land cruiser diesel being prepared by toyota for sale in us soon, but that's for another forum...

and to get even more off-topic ;) - looks like diesels in general are coming, the sprinter vans, cadillac cts diesel, the land cruiser, special bluetec v6 diesel for new touareq 2 that will be legal for CA, etc.... check out all 3 pages of the link above

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke