EarthRoamer: Jeep Based Expedition Vehicle XV-JP

Scott Brady

Founder
EarthRoamer XV-JP​

Read the entire Press Release HERE

EarthRoamer Launches their newest model, the XV-JP, built on a Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Unlimited platform.

More information as soon as it is available.

EarthRoamer%20XV-JP.jpg

EarthRoamer%20XV-JP%20Camp.jpg

And you read it on ExPo first :archaeolo

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Rat BASTARDS!!!! They stole my idea! They must have been sneaking around here listening to me mumble to myself at night while crawling around my jeep with a tape measure!

Seriously...who was I talking with about this very thing (flip pac grafted into the top of a wrangler) just a couple months ago?!?!

Oh well, at least they (earthroamer) will probably get it beyond the "custom one-off" stage...

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Cool. If it was an oil burner...:drool:

I remember seeing an AEV conversion similar to this recently... Hmmmm....

Anyone else remember the SEMA prototype? I thought Scott had posted it somewhere.

Scott Brady

Founder
This project has been in the works for nearly a year. I have had the pleasure of assisting with the design...

Any similarities to the AEV model are purely coincidental.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
expeditionswest said:
This project has been in the works for nearly a year. I have had the pleasure of assisting with the design...

Any similarities to the AEV model are purely coincidental.

The AEV model has nuthin on this! Of course, if it was in the works a year ago...maybe it is me who stole their idea....:sombrero:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
While the price is prohibitive for many, it will no doubt be an amazing vehicle. Can't wait to see some actual pictures! :safari-rig:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
That is a very interesting concept. Thanks for cluing us in Scott. :bowdown:

Different roof than the AEV product at SEMA this year. The AEV concept didn't even look very functional. This looks to have minimal standing room, but it's a much better bed design than the AEV project. And Swails doesn't make junk so sub $100K will probably be a fair value.

Diesel, schmiesel. I think I'll start another thread.....

blupaddler

Conspirator
expeditionswest said:

Wow!!!

Good on ya Scott! When do you sleep? Or is this all a result of that new Espresso machine...
:bowdown:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Looks pretty interesting. The only drawback I see of that design would be the lack of being able to put a rack and items on the roof, like kayaks, bikes, storage bins, etc. I still love it though.

haven

Expedition Leader
flip-pac

Thanks, Scott!

The Earthroamer design looks like a Flip-Pac camper put on backwards!
Here's Viking Vince's Tacoma plus Flip-Pac:

L_vince05_02.jpg

The Flip-Pac design for small trucks weighs about 350 lbs. according to the Flip Pac
web site. The Wrangler Unlimited has a cargo capacity of 1100 lbs with the stock
springs and tires, and that includes the weight of the driver and passenger.

Chip Haven

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles