EarthRoamer F650!!!

trailsurfer

Explorer
I was getting new batteries installed at the factory today and saw this image on the bulletin board in EarthRoamers lunch room.

6125ab6d-1a9f-9c8e.jpg

Not much info being given out by the crew there, but was told to expect an announcement in the near future.

haven

Expedition Leader
Makes sense. The F550 chassis was getting close to GVWR with the camper and gear on board. Lots of tire choices with 22.5 inch rims.

I don't think the F650 is available with 4x4 from the factory. I wonder what company does the conversion to the front drive axle?

camperman

Observer
Makes sense. The F550 chassis was getting close to GVWR with the camper and gear on board. Lots of tire choices with 22.5 inch rims.

I don't think the F650 is available with 4x4 from the factory. I wonder what company does the conversion to the front drive axle?
Ask Jay Shapiro. Tulsa truck manufacturing maybe.

TomH

Adventurer
Jay's is 4x4 but he replaced just about everything. Swails had been posting on here for about forever about TWO new smaller models, one built on a 1 ton pickup and one on a 3/4 ton pickup. He has said over and over that they're almost ready. Same thing with Provan's new F-450 Siberian Tiger. Any chance somebody there photoshopped a pic of Jay's EcoRoamer and put an ER body on it?

TomH

Adventurer
On the way home yesterday (after seeing this ER pic) I was stopped at an intersection. I was first in line at the light and just perpendicular to my right was a flat bed tow truck built on a crew cab F-750. That is a pretty big machine. Anyway, how much difference is there between F-650 and F-750 models? I have seen some Class A motorhomes (Fun Cruiser?) on regular cab F-750 and I think I remember seeing a Unicat concept drawing on a regular cab F-750 with 4x4 specs. Am I right in thinking F-650 and F-750 are the same platform with just some minor differences? What are the differences?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94