EarthRoamer Expedition: Central America

cruiser guy

Explorer
Looks like they are either in or close to Guatemala City. Have them send me an e-mail or PM and maybe we can meet up.

Looks like they were at the market in Chichi!

Some of the last pics are in Antigua. It must have been a quiet day for the lack of people!

Last edited:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
...See, Walmart camping is not to bad when you roll with EarthRoamer ;)

I wanna be just like Bill when I grow up... Killer photos

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
That looks like a great test for the new jeep camper. I hope they do a good write-up when they get back! Does anyone know how long the trip is going to last?

I like the little wrangler camper. It is shaping up to be a viable option for real world expedition type travel. I only with that jeep would offer it with the diesel engine and maybe a manual transmission. If I was Earthroamer I would add a full floating rear axle option. The D44 sized axles, ring and pinion, and diff are most likely strong enough but I worry about the long term durability of the rear axle bearings with the added camper weight. A nice serviceable rear bearing setup on a full floating spindle would make the rear end much more dependable in the long term....and also easier to fix and maintain while in remote areas. The best setup would allow for one set of bearings to work at all 4 corners. This would eliminate a lot of extra parts that needed to be carried on long term trips.

Its a really good start though. I am happy to see that 'expedition' type vehicles are being built and sold in the US now.

Willman

pwc said:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=70885&postcount=15 for pictures of the inside

img_0682_std.jpg

With my Fat butt:shakin: ...I would need to add extra supports under that sleeper section.....:hehe:

mexpat

Central Mexico

I live in Central Mexico in the State of San Luis Potosi. It would be interesting on the return trip to check out the Aguascalientes State fair, and the ghost towns of Cerro San Pedro, and Real de Catorce both in SLP. The fair has the best bullfights in all of Mexico.

pwc

Explorer
Man, that set of photos was mostly border crossings! Looks like they got use of the printer a lot. I can't wait to hear the stories to go with the photos.

Segment 3 of Costa Rica (more flowers, less borders) is also available

img_59441020710033_std.jpg

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Thanks Bill ,

Awesome stuff... you have such a great photographic eye, and a passion for travel.

:lurk:

viter

Adventurer
great pics, but I especially like that finally there are some off-road shots -after all dirt is what makes these guys stand out from a normal rv, right...
img_25900920413776a_std.jpg

img_51031020710033_std.jpg

img_59591020710033_std.jpg

I guess they are travelling so much on paved roads because they are trying to squeeze so many places in just 42 days. Hope to see more 4x4 "testing" pics of that new xv-jp though!

viter

Adventurer
are these guys alright?
just wondering, since there have not been any updates for a while...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94