Release - 30th of April

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 11.38.13 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 11.38.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 11.38.13 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Lablvr

I have been fortunate enough to be communicating with John @ earthcruiser about the Terranova. He’s been awesome, giving us two “virtual” tours of the terranova under construction. Even given some of the noted “drawbacks“ in turning radius to having the long nose of a pickup truck as opposed to a cab over, we are very impressed. built on your choice of a one-ton chassis with beefed up suspension, the terranova puts the bed up front and is otherwise very similar to the other earthcruiser designs, probably a bit less robust but still plenty capable. We like the separation of bed and lounge area, and it’s only 2 feet longer than our current F250. As current owners of a E350 Sportsmobile with a pop top, we like the pop top option and this appears to have better visibility through the windows, similar to what we enjoy now. We look forward to the formal Terranova reveal and will soon be visiting Bend to take a look in person—as well as to check out the other vehicles as well.

Blowby

The only thing I would be concerned about is the insulation when the top is up.
We presently own a Sportsmobile,and one of the biggest drawbacks for us is the lack of
insulation of the pop top when in the open position in colder climates.
Am presently looking at alternatives for longer duration trips and comfort in colder climates is of major
importance.

gregmchugh

Observer
The only thing I would be concerned about is the insulation when the top is up.
We presently own a Sportsmobile,and one of the biggest drawbacks for us is the lack of
insulation of the pop top when in the open position in colder climates.
Am presently looking at alternatives for longer duration trips and comfort in colder climates is of major
importance.

Don’t recall any owners of the standard Earthcuiser pop top ever complaining about cold weather issues. If the Terranova uses a similar pop top I would expect it to be fine.

Lablvr

Blowby, we have the Sportsmobile pop top as well, but have not been in deeply cold environments—in moderate cold we were fine with the heater on occasionally. Will definitely specifically address operation in colder climates—so far I am operating on a similar assumption as Greg.

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
The Terranova reveal is the end of next week so stay tuned for further details.

As for the 'curtain' we use, the material we use is 3 layer with air gap rated to -22F. Our EarthCruiser EXPs are used all over the world and we have several customers in Mongolia. Many of our customers are avid skiers and spend their winters on various mountains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94