EarthCruiser GZL 400

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Ah nevermind. I looked online and it says $38,000. I'm not one to complain about prices but I mean, that's really excessive. A comparable Four Wheel Camper is half the price, and is better equipped. I just wish someone would bring out something to compete with FWC in quality, and do it at a reasonable attainable price. I wish earthcruiser the absolute best of luck in selling these, you guys are a great company in Bend, but my god... the "Portland premium" is real.
Fiberglass products are labor intensive and have higher environmental costs related to mass production set ups. It might look costly but I bet their build cost is high also.

Stitch

I like what you folks are doing, Lance. May plan a road trip with the better half to come visit this Summer. She has the 51% vote. Will let you know.

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
This thing looks awesome and I think the price seems fair, compare it to other composite options like XP..

We have a FWC Grandby and love it, but this is what I was looking for a year ago..

John E Davies

Adventurer
Have you installed a GZL 400 in a Ram 2500 Power Wagon?

Did you feel it needed airbags to supplement the soft factory rear springs?

I tow a lovely Oliver travel trailer right now behind my Land Cruiser 200, but I really like the idea of a simple slide in camper in a 2019 PW. My only big reservation is lack of storage space for stuff like recovery gear and Max Trax. Is the front extension compartment suitable for big dirty items?

Have you mounted any exterior racks on a GZL for bulky stuff, or do you instead recommend an Aluminess bumper with swing away boxes? Would one of these work?

404507D3-226B-4786-BF2B-1933127ACFB4.jpeg

Finally, I can’t imagine any way to get the Ram Boxes to work with a GZL in the bed. If it could work, that would be very cool and useful. I wish they had hinges along the bottom edge, not the upper back edge...

I am reluctant to go with a flat aluminum tray for a variety of reasons, the main one being having it get destroyed by nasty winter road deicing chemicals.

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Why did they discontinue these?

How are the existing units holding up?

Earthcruiser shifted their focus to the CORE line and their newer campers like the Terranova. They've said they may revisit this line once they're no longer in active development on the bigger projects, but we'll have to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles