EarthCruiser GZL 400

Truck Models – Half Ton
Chevy/GM
04-17 Silverado/Sierra 1500, 5.5’ short beds *(62 in)
Dodge
09-17 Ram 1500, 5.5’ short beds *(62-63 in)
Ford
04-17 F-150, 5.5’ short beds *(62-65 in)
Nissan
04-17 Titan, 5.5’ short beds *(61.5 in)
Toyota
04-17 Tundra, 5.5’ short beds *(61-63, 66.4 in)
Long Bed (needs extension):
Chevy/GMC
99-17 Silverado/Sierra 1500, 6.5’ bed *(62 in)
Dodge
94-17 Ram 1500, 6.5’ bed *(63 in)
Ford
97-17 F-150, 6.5’ bed *(63 in)
Nissan
01-17 Titan, 6.5’ bed *(62 in)
Toyota
00-17 Tundra, 6.5’ bed *(62 in)
* Sizes in parentheses are measured widths at the tailgate

Model B.jpg
GZL 400 - Expediditon Portal .jpg

Roger M.

Adventurer
What is the "extension" actually comprised of were one to put this in a 8' F-150 box?

Also, your photo in this thread appears to be the only photograph in existence of this particular model ... do you have more information, details, pictures, specifications, etc?

For the long bed models over 6.5 ft, there is a 2-ft extension needed to fill in the length of the truck bed. This extension will be an additional outside storage compartment near the cab. Attached is an older GZL model that shows the extension for reference. In the picture the extension is shown on the GZL 300 model, but the concept is the same.

More pictures will be available soon.

GZL Extension 2.jpg

montypower

Adventure Time!
This looks awesome! It would have been a serious consideration a year ago. Great use of space.

I've driven past the shop a few times. Would love to check it out sometime. Love Bend. :)

Eagle05

Adventurer
Any plans for a pass through on the GZL lineup? It seems the Fuso Earthcruisers and those other vehicles priced above it are the only ones doing that.

The camper does have the option for a pass through, but its more of a reach through. You won't be able to fit your body completely through the space.

The layout between the models is the same. The only thing that will change is the width of the camper. The GZL 400 is 8" wider than the GZL 300, this is to accommodate the wider truck bed on full-size trucks.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Sorry but Im disappointed. Why go to all the trouble to design something cool like this and not remove the bed to take advantage of wasted space and give it a side entrance.

adam88

Explorer
The layout between the models is the same. The only thing that will change is the width of the camper. The GZL 400 is 8" wider than the GZL 300, this is to accommodate the wider truck bed on full-size trucks.

Sorry, I didn't notice the different model #. Wow, so this is a purpose-built unit specifically for a 5.5' full size bed? That's exactly what I am looking for. Where can I find out prices? Can you PM me? Would a shell model be an option?

adam88

Explorer
Ah nevermind. I looked online and it says $38,000. I'm not one to complain about prices but I mean, that's really excessive. A comparable Four Wheel Camper is half the price, and is better equipped. I just wish someone would bring out something to compete with FWC in quality, and do it at a reasonable attainable price. I wish earthcruiser the absolute best of luck in selling these, you guys are a great company in Bend, but my god... the "Portland premium" is real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles