EarthCruiser G - did the USA get the pick up version of the G?

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
This is a truck we made in Australia - we are building similar bodies on domestic one tone trucks in the USA .
Question, did the USA ever get the pick up or ute model of the G wagon?
EarthCruiser G .png

otiswesty

Regular guy
If you are able to bring in the Aussie G-class Ute to the USA, I'm sure you would have a fair number of takers.

99Discovery

Adventurer
No, the problem is the chicken tax, and old school tarrif that protects the big 3, forcing a 20% tarrif on imported trucks. It's the same reason you could get the d90 and d110 at land Rover dealership in the mid 90s, but not the 130.

Wyuna

Observer
Those G300 wagen utes that we can buy here in Aus are nice, pricey at $109k if i recall.

But look at the payload it can take compared to the 70 series ute, id take one over the toyota, when you look at what it come as standard.

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
I wonder if it would not be better to give a wagon a trim job at the B pillar and put tray or camper on it, great chassis with the fancy stuff.

Those G300 wagen utes that we can buy here in Aus are nice, pricey at $109k if i recall.

But look at the payload it can take compared to the 70 series ute, id take one over the toyota, when you look at what it come as standard.

What does a Cruiser ute go for now days?

Wyuna

Observer
The 2 door cruiser goes for starting at over $75k, which seems a lot cheaper than the G Utes.

But the g wagen, has an Auto, three diff locks, front and underbody protection, snokel, a 2085kg payload over the cruiser 1225kg payload

plus there is a heap of other bonus stuff.

It also has the same wheel track, compared to the cruiser ute, as the track is still different to front and rear on the 70's

But for me, its the parts support as our army is using them and the extra 860kg of payload.

https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/pa...ssional/explore/model-information.module.html

Still it comes down to what you can justify and want, the Toyota 70's series is still a great ute, it just need a auto option.

Oshkosh-P

Observer
How does the G-wagon chassis compare in general strenght to a Land Cruiser 7 series (i would guess stronger in general) and the F-350 (i would guess weaker in general)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles