EarthCruiser/Core and Total Composites Partnership Announcement

kcshoots

I have installed a Total Composites camper on the EC CORE Fuso I bought and in the process of building into an expedition camper. I am documenting the building in a video series VLOG to help others out with their builds or to encourage others to do so. I am an individual learning as I go. The build of the custom-built for me TC composite panels that I ordered from TC and built with a small team was fairly easy with some thought and many hands and a few low-cost tools. Those videos will be forthcoming very soon. But to clarify some earlier comments, the TC floor has not just a plywood sheet but also steel bars imbedded within the floor at pre-determined spacing which are used to attach the floor and subframe together as well as other attachments. If you follow my video series, you'll see that the camper build and install can be DIY and is very nice. https://www.youtube.com/c/KCMares

Pentium

You need to talk with john at earth cruiser about this. Not sure about overall height and possible legal issues making them taller.
but no matter what, it would be custom order.
cheers
Without talking I can see that their own FX box spec says 77.25" headroom, that's 1.96m.
Your 1.9m just seriously limits the target audience, both new and resale.

Pentium

I am documenting the building in a video series VLOG to help others out with their builds or to encourage others to do so. I am an individual learning as I go. The build of the custom-built for me TC composite panels that I ordered from TC and built with a small team was fairly easy with some thought and many hands and a few low-cost tools
I've already seen a few of your videos, keep it up! Not everyone has a shop and a small team though...
Also have to say your experience with EC support so far is somewhat disappointing if not discouraging.

kcshoots

I've already seen a few of your videos, keep it up! Not everyone has a shop and a small team though...
Also have to say your experience with EC support so far is somewhat disappointing if not discouraging.
Thank you. I have many more videos coming of the Total Composites camper build as well as those before about the chassis selection and preparation for the camper. Total Composites camper build starting in this just uploaded video: https://youtu.be/XsO_gJc5y5A

Soon will be the scary modifications to the camper box (custom large gear garage doors and pass thru door), and then the actually build out of the cabinets, electrical, water systems, etc.

The EC support has been disappointing but I'm moving forward and hoping for the best from them, Mitsubishi and others.

Steve_382

Thank you. I have many more videos coming of the Total Composites camper build as well as those before about the chassis selection and preparation for the camper. Total Composites camper build starting in this just uploaded video: https://youtu.be/XsO_gJc5y5A

Soon will be the scary modifications to the camper box (custom large gear garage doors and pass thru door), and then the actually build out of the cabinets, electrical, water systems, etc.

The EC support has been disappointing but I'm moving forward and hoping for the best from them, Mitsubishi and others.
I don't think I would expect too much support from EC on a home built unit aside from chassis questions. They need to make money and it seems like the questions would be never ending on a DIY unit.

kcshoots

I don't think I would expect too much support from EC on a home built unit aside from chassis questions. They need to make money and it seems like the questions would be never ending on a DIY unit.
Yes, I'm only asking them to resolve the check engine light which came on at pick up. Since they modify the fuel tank and the code is for the fuel Evaporative system, it seems reasonable for them to work to resolve that issue that is likely caused from their fuel tank change. Of course, I'd still like them to provide me with the rear winch carrier I purchased months ago that they have yet to provide as we agreed, but that's a different issue.

Steve_382

Yes, those issue happen. When we bought our Quigley E350 years ago I found that the fuel fill hose had a cut in it. When Quigley built the unit, they removed the gas tank and made it a bit smaller to make room for the transfer case. I am pretty sure when they lifted it back into the chassis the rubber hose caught on the body somewhere and cut it. It took me a while to convince them it was likely their fault, but eventually they sent me a new hose. Overall though, Quigley has been very helpful answering 6 or 8 questions we have had. I think they have complete build data on every unit built in the last 30 years or whatever. I think all these companies are so busy right now that they just can't keep up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94