EarthCruiser/Core and Total Composites Partnership Announcement

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
The team of Total Composites Ltd., and CORE Vehicles, a division of EarthCruiser, are extremely excited to announce the roll out of a new, strategic partnership.

Both companies are renowned for their performance and quality in the expedition vehicle industry with many happy customers around the world.

EarthCruiser recently announced their new CORE line of 4x4 truck chassis designed for a broad range of commercial applications ranging from fire fighting, construction, law enforcement and Do-It-Yourself expedition truck builders that maintain the highest standards of EPA certification and brake testing.

Total Composites has experienced significant demand for their flat packed composite expedition truck bodies over the last several years, a clear indication that the Do-It-Yourself market is rapidly expanding along with the need for proven, capable platforms and products. The decision became clear for both companies to join forces to be able to offer the chassis, including a torsion free subframe, with either the flat packed body or assembled by CORE Vehicles at our Bend, OR headquarters.

To keep pricing and logistics streamlined and accessible, CORE will offer the assembled OR flatpacked Total Composite (TC) house as an empty shell including one entry door. Over the years, TC has learned from their customers that having space to assemble the body is the biggest obstacle to building their dream expedition vehicles. This new partnership we will be able to help many more people make their dreams come true.

As of February 2021

Pricing for the flat packaged TC body:
US$14,919.00 (includes materials, Tern Overland entry door and other fees) NOT included: Shipping, assembly, additional work by CORE Vehicles

Pricing for the CORE chassis: starting just over $100,000 for a base model available in single AND Crew Cab!

Both parties agreed to one standard 14' body size that makes the most sense for the Core chassis.

CORE Vehicles will stock bodies in Bend OR to allow for faster turnaround times for our customers. Accessories like windows, roof hatches, diesel heaters, water boilers and more can be directly ordered through Total Composites.

TC is currently putting together the first shipment to CORE. For a limited time, we have room for more bodies. If you have been contemplating getting on board, now is the time! You can save significantly in shipping by joining the first batch of Total Composite bodies going to Bend OR.

For questions please contact:
John Stafford at CORE for any questions and ordering the chassis
john@earthcruiser.com
or
Andreas Schwall for purchasing the bodies
Andreas@TotalComposites.com
Core chassis 01.jpg

Attachments

• Earth Cruiser marketing.jpg
    Earth Cruiser marketing.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Earth Cruiser Rearwall.jpg
    Earth Cruiser Rearwall.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Earth Cruiser roof.jpg
    Earth Cruiser roof.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Steve_382

Interesting idea for those who really want a custom interior that meets their specific needs. Still would be lots of work to get to a usable rig. Maybe there is a business waiting for someone who wants to do interior conversions like all the new van conversion guys. Maybe even Sportsmobile or SMB West.

gdaut

That is outstanding. For the sort-of-curious, what skills are required for the interior buildout? Put another way, how do you attach things to the interior of the composite boxes? Is this "just" finish carpentry, and do you glue or screw straight into the composite walls? Or do you need to fabricate metal frames, or something else?

gregmchugh

Observer
That is outstanding. For the sort-of-curious, what skills are required for the interior buildout? Put another way, how do you attach things to the interior of the composite boxes? Is this "just" finish carpentry, and do you glue or screw straight into the composite walls? Or do you need to fabricate metal frames, or something else?

I expect Total Composites will provide some info but in the mean time...

Just for reference, in my opinion, one of the most excellent habitat builds using the Total Composites panels is at this website, look at the Unimog build posts. You can definitely get by with something less perfect but this one sorts of sets the bar as I see it...

skirunman

You can screw into the floor as it has 5/8" (or 3/4") marine grade plywood inside the panel. For attaching to the wall either glue directly or glue aluminum angle iron and bolt to that. This guy's youtube channel shows how he did things using 80/20 for building out inside.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
The decision became clear for both companies to join forces to be able to offer the chassis, including a torsion free subframe, with either the flat packed body or assembled by CORE Vehicles at our Bend, OR headquarters. To keep pricing and logistics streamlined and accessible, CORE will offer the assembled OR flatpacked Total Composite (TC) house as an empty shell including one entry door. Over the years, TC has learned from their customers that having space to assemble the body is the biggest obstacle to building their dream expedition vehicles.
As of February 2021
Pricing for the flat packaged TC body:
US$14,919.00 (includes materials, Tern Overland entry door and other fees) NOT included: Shipping, assembly, additional work by CORE Vehicles
Pricing for the CORE chassis: starting just over $100,000 for a base model available in single AND Crew Cab!
CORE Vehicles will stock bodies in Bend OR to allow for faster turnaround times for our customers. Accessories like windows, roof hatches, diesel heaters, water boilers and more can be directly ordered through Total Composites.

WOW, Andreas that is awesome and amazing news! Two companies (Total Composite and EarthCruiser) that have outstanding customer service, streamlining the build process for cabins is amazing and a win for everyone.
AND a killer price at $14,919! Just last year (May) the comparable TC kit was $19,970 without a door. So the old price of $19,970+$1,450 (for the now included door) = $21,450, means a savings of $6,500 and access to CORE for subframes and assembly (with no cross-border hassles for US customers) if desired.
Nothing but good news! Maybe 2021 will be better than 2020 ;)
Transit Camper Specs 05-20.jpg

Victorian

WOW, Andreas that is awesome and amazing news! Two companies (Total Composite and EarthCruiser) that have outstanding customer service, streamlining the build process for cabins is amazing and a win for everyone.
AND a killer price at $14,919! Just last year (May) the comparable TC kit was $19,970 without a door. So the old price of $19,970+$1,450 (for the now included door) = $21,450, means a savings of $6,500 and access to CORE for subframes and assembly (with no cross-border hassles for US customers) if desired.
Nothing but good news! Maybe 2021 will be better than 2020 ;)
View attachment 640544
Thank you .
I should mention that there it’s a difference in material sqft needed for the transit camper! It’s much taller , includes stainless wheel wells, much more machining and more internal structure .
this doesn’t mean the 14‘ body for the core chassis is done cheaper. we just designed it in a way to bring cost down as much as possible without sacrificing quality. For example: no departure angle.
in any case, we have known earth cruiser for many years and have always had a friendly relationship.
cheers

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
You can screw into the floor as it has 5/8" (or 3/4") marine grade plywood inside the panel. For attaching to the wall either glue directly or glue aluminum angle iron and bolt to that. This guy's youtube channel shows how he did things using 80/20 for building out inside.

Thanks! Thats me and my camper.

Any questions, feel free... It's all still work in progress.

Most of this has all be fairly straight forward and i want and prefer a utility style finish over fancy luxury finish.

I am doing all the wiring, plumbing, framing myself, but friends are going to help with the finishing wood work, thats out of my wheel house skill set

Pentium

@Victorian I hope that at this point you do supply EC with higher boxes (I'd like to see 2m inner height) at least as an option that doesn't incur "custom" pricing and associated wait time.
You really should.

Victorian

@Victorian I hope that at this point you do supply EC with higher boxes (I'd like to see 2m inner height) at least as an option that doesn't incur "custom" pricing and associated wait time.
You really should.
You need to talk with john at earth cruiser about this. Not sure about overall height and possible legal issues making them taller.
but no matter what, it would be custom order.
cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior