cobblecrazy

Adventurer

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
this is a pic of mine...

d100a80f19572db2b56326a3bf434520.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I really enjoyed reading that linked story, admittedly it made me a bit emotional given the history I have with cars.

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
The RTT wasn't enough?

The Ursa Minor RTT is great, but the teardrop sure makes a great base camp. Nice when I want to get up and do some exploring, and my wife is still sleeping, or lounging. A run to the store/town for some supplies does not entail breaking camp - only to find someone has taken your "perfect spot". I think the combo complements each other, and I still have the perfect bugout UM RTT for those times I just want to get away for the night.

Septu

Explorer
Yeah, that was always my reason for a trailer too (vs a RTT). Hated the idea of having to pack up camp just to go into town. It's a great looking trailer.

Last edited:

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
What kind of teardrop is that Cobblecrazy? Any more pics or details on it?

I'll have to watch the link you posted at home, it's blocked at work for some reason.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti

Very nice. You enjoying it? I'm in the market for a teardrop. Gonna start saving my money up at the end of the summer. I really want a Moby1 but still checking out the others out there like the AT, SoCal, etc.

Whatever I end up with, I can't wait for the day to use it and set up camp. I'm jealous of everyone that has one, haha.

Flymaui

Love it! The best part is rolling into camp, popping open a cold beverage, and watching our buddies set up their tents!

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
What kind of teardrop is that Cobblecrazy? Any more pics or details on it?

I'll have to watch the link you posted at home, it's blocked at work for some reason.

It's a SoCal - specifically the Cal Deluxe model. I found it used at a dealership.

Here is a pic of the galley
4e9d71f7edb170d2280b8fc4428cecc8.jpg

One of the interior cabinets
d8b4a1f9cbd5a83ff6522d871f40f624.jpg

Exterior front - AT water and fuel 20L can holders and a metal storage box
76cea738dc221cd77cb1192c9f3871c7.jpg

Exterior rear
33151b66e587bf1dc07b71a57cda3629.jpg

16" wheels w/Jeep hubs. About 16" of ground clearance w/the torsion axle. I'm looking at an off-road upgrade in the frame. Not sure if I'll go the whole suspension upgrade, but at the very least I'll be upgrading the wheels/tires to match my Jeep - 35x12.5's, which even with the stock axle I'd have around a 20" clearance. Also looking at the max coupler or lock n roll to replace stock. The galley will be upgraded with a Partner Steel stove and a few more drawers, and a refrigerator slide (still deciding on going with an ARB refrig, or sticking with my ice chest for now).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles