Early Bronco Expo Trailer Build

The forward uprights are 1x2 and the rears are 1x1 - both 1/8 wall. The tongue is 3x3 and is 3/16 wall.

Edit - the tongue is 3x3, not 4x4 as I previously posted.

Sent from my fart smone using crapatalk

Last edited:

dakota123

Adventurer
Wow just found this and so glad i did before i started my build! thanks for all the info. Not sure if your still on here much but i would love to see some current pictures and how everything is working for you today!

Yep, I'm still here - and the trailer still works great! I have lot's of current pictures, but they are all just camping pic's. It works so well that all we've done is use it :smiley_drive: Still haven't painted it, but am planning to do so.

IMG_7696_zpsvlyqw4vi.jpg

IMG_7681_zpswsgksodz.jpg

IMG_7673_zpsbhtma118.jpg

For those that were disappointed to see the old F100 pickup get cut up, never fear. After a year of watching it sit out back without a bed on it, I decided to drag it into the shop. It's getting the frame shortened, a short bed put on it, a 6" top chop, and IFS/IRS suspension with full air bags... :cool:

jonnyquest

Adventurer
Yep, I'm still here - and the trailer still works great! I have lot's of current pictures, but they are all just camping pic's. It works so well that all we've done is use it :smiley_drive: Still haven't painted it, but am planning to do so.

IMG_7696_zpsvlyqw4vi.jpg

IMG_7681_zpswsgksodz.jpg

IMG_7673_zpsbhtma118.jpg

For those that were disappointed to see the old F100 pickup get cut up, never fear. After a year of watching it sit out back without a bed on it, I decided to drag it into the shop. It's getting the frame shortened, a short bed put on it, a 6" top chop, and IFS/IRS suspension with full air bags... :cool:

What kitchen table/shelf is that in the middle photo? It's looks sturdier than most I see.

That's an older Coleman Camp Kitchen - all stainless steel and very sturdy. They don't make that model any longer, but if you look around on CL they can be found used every now and then.

Sent from my fart smone using crapatalk

aausmana

Adventurer
Wow this is a fantastic setup! I have a strong affinity for the old Bronco's and with this trailer build, probably one of the sweeter one's I've seen.

Bronco70

Hello explorers I'm new to this forum, finally stared my expecdition image.jpg trailer on a pick up bed, no just a trailer to carry equipment but actually a expedition tent trailer, with living interior space here is some pictures as I progress image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94