E450 4x4 Diesel Ambulance

bas157

This popped up in one of the Ford groups I'm in on Facebook. Seems like it might be pretty cool for someone. No idea if a decent price for what it is or not?

This is an excellent 4×4 Type III Braun Ford E450 Ambulance for sale by Pilip Ambulances in Camp Hill Pennsylvania.
Was used by a Volunteer fire department in New Jersey in a small rural vacation town.
Garage Kept
Excellent Mechanical Condition – Just Serviced.
Exterior paint is in great shape for the year.
Has the reliable 7.3L Powerstorke Turbo Diesel Engine – Will last over 500,000 miles…
Equipped with the highly desirable Quigley 4×4 Drive system. This was Factory Equipped option done by Quigley who has been in business since 1966!
See pictures of undercarriage – It has a few surface rust spots and nothing to be of any concern.
Body is clean with no Rust or oxidation issues.

eporter

Adventurer
Wow, that’s a nice machine. Cool box style, too. 2003 7.3 with low miles? Adds to the premium. I’d say that’s a good price for the shape it’s in. Especially compared to a standard e450 with a 7.3 and low miles. Also looks undercoated and actually fairly rust free.
82df6576bd329a0871c4672dfb2bea68.jpg

bas157

I think it was 34k. Don't think it is a scam as it is an ambulance company selling it, they've got a bunch for sale but rest appear to be 2wd

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
Personally I think that unit was over price. But to each there own...hopefully some on the forum with knowledge on these units haggled them down on price.

eporter

Adventurer
You know someone got this at auction for cheap. I’m just burnt out on the overpriced northwest/west coast van market. It’s spendy here.

Newman77

Went for ~$18k at auction with buyer fees, i dropped out at $15k.... maybe I should have kept going! It is a really cool unique box.

Last edited:

eporter

Adventurer
Went for ~$18k at auction with buyer fees, i dropped out at $15k.... maybe I should have kept going! It is a really cool unique box.

Oh cool info. Govdeals or similar? I was following along with a few for awhile but dropped off. Yeah, it is a unique rig for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles