E350 Chinook Build

willywalderbeast

Master of None
This thing needs to make a PNW ski tour and I’d put the Mt. Bachelor, and Mt. Baker Parking lots on your list if they aren’t already! Stop at Meadows on Hood in between.

I know!!! Mt Bachelor has been getting dumped on all week!!! I have the Ikon pass and unfortunately none of those are on it.

eporter

Adventurer
Baker is a worthy pilgrimage for anyone. Probably my favorite resort in the US. AWESOME terrain and a laid back place. One of the better parking lots to camp in, too. Amazing spot up there with no development besides the resort base lodges.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Mandatory stop in Zion NP on our way back. Was cool to see in the fog and rain, so many waterfalls I've never seen before!
View attachment 387298
View attachment 387301

Then leaving Bryce Canyon I got stopped for speeding downhill and the Park Ranger claimed he smelt weed on the outside of my vehicle. After waiting around for over an hour and after the K9 cleared the vehicle we were on our way. What a pain, although I didn't get the speeding ticket so that was good. The original officer felt bad he held us that long and didn't find anything. I guess two dudes in a lifted camper driving from San Diego to the east coast looks like a drug smuggling operation.
View attachment 387299

Ended the day at Horseshoe Bend!
View attachment 387300
This is a trend actually in Utah. Lots if “tail light” stops that some how require a drug dog. Seems to be getting lots of attention lately in the direction of unlawful stops.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
This is a trend actually in Utah. Lots if “tail light” stops that some how require a drug dog. Seems to be getting lots of attention lately in the direction of unlawful stops.

Yea being sandwiched between to legal states they must see an opportunity to take advantage. I didn’t really have a problem with it till the local hero sheriff show up and was a total ************ bag. I’m 100% respectful to cops until they are unprofessional and disrespectful to me.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Yea being sandwiched between to legal states they must see an opportunity to take advantage. I didn’t really have a problem with it till the local hero sheriff show up and was a total ************ bag. I’m 100% respectful to cops until they are unprofessional and disrespectful to me.
A old friend and retired law enforcement officer made a great comment a while back that really struck me. He pointed out that there are two major types of officers ones who like to play down their tools to lower the stress level and potential for confrontation. Like wearing vest under their clean pressed uniform, a belt system that blends err hides as much as possible etc.

Then there are the officers who use their full military external tactical suit as intentional intimidation and purposely elicit or ramp up stress in every encounter as part of their habit of conducting fishing expeditions.

He said the latter style police officer becomes a huge liability to the org they represent. However having your tactical gear in the trunk for when you need it is just common sense.

another_mike

Adventurer
Then there are the officers who use their full military external tactical suit as intentional intimidation and purposely elicit or ramp up stress in every encounter as part of their habit of conducting fishing expeditions.

He said the latter style police officer becomes a huge liability to the org they represent. However having your tactical gear in the trunk for when you need it is just common sense.
spend a couple decades with 20-30 lbs on your hips; pushing on your lower back for 8-12 hours while sitting in a patrol vehicle with worn seats and you'll understand why wearing tactical style vests which remove weight from the hips and pushing on your back are becoming increasing popular. Most departments that haven't adopted the tactical weight bearing vests are usually run by old cops that are more worried about tradition than an officers physical well being.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
spend a couple decades with 20-30 lbs on your hips; pushing on your lower back for 8-12 hours while sitting in a patrol vehicle with worn seats and you'll understand why wearing tactical style vests which remove weight from the hips and pushing on your back are becoming increasing popular. Most departments that haven't adopted the tactical weight bearing vests are usually run by old cops that are more worried about tradition than an officers physical well being.
I get the utility belt vs car seat complaint. But you tell this back country back packer that I need to loosen my hip belt and carry more pack weight on my shoulders/back and every experienced back packer is going to tell you where you can shove your tactical vest.

another_mike

Adventurer
I get the utility belt vs car seat complaint. But you tell this back country back packer that I need to loosen my hip belt and carry more pack weight on my shoulders/back and every experienced back packer is going to tell you where you can shove your tactical vest.
compare your hiking pack to one from the 50s that's just a leather waist strap with no padding and then have to sit in a car with it on and you'll understand

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Not much to report on. Just living in parking lots and snowboarding everyday :LOL:. Batteries don’t like the cold. I swapped out our 2 12v for 4 6v I got from a buddy. They were a couple years old but never used and always on a trickle. So I’m not sure if it’s just the cold or a combination of the two. Woke up this morning it was 10deg inside the camper and -12deg outside haha. So we did our usual, hit the heat and stayed in bed till it warms up. Well about 10mins in the battery shutoff started to beep. I just remote started the truck to keep it going haha. If i get near a Interstate Battery store soon I’ll have them check it out. Which will be a pain in the ass now that I had to take the sliding tray out to fit the new batteries ??‍♂️

C3B51D76-E220-424C-97CA-E01E8872D65E.jpegB9CB0B61-E9DD-4B6A-B595-1C5D3BED4ED4.jpegD0C1CA86-22E0-4654-911C-261673F36C44.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles