E350 Chinook Build

86scotty

Cynic
Curious about the spare tire on the ground. I'm guessing you just sat it there to get it out of the way? I am thinking you are probably thinking and planning about how to mount it long term and if so I see your issue. There's not a good place on a Chinook if you tie up the rear bumper with a rack.

Hmmmm. What's your plan?

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Curious about the spare tire on the ground. I'm guessing you just sat it there to get it out of the way? I am thinking you are probably thinking and planning about how to mount it long term and if so I see your issue. There's not a good place on a Chinook if you tie up the rear bumper with a rack.

Hmmmm. What's your plan?

I have a buddy making a custom rear bumper with a swing out for the tire and a swing out hopefully for my Treager grill haha. The tire should clear the bike, not sure the grill will tho. Think I’ll mount it off the front hitch if need be ?

86scotty

Cynic
I've heard mixed things on cooling (blocking radiator) with a front hitch spare on an E series nose. You might want to research that before you commit, or maybe mock something up to try it first. I guess on a Chinook there's no room under the rear, probably tanks there.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
I've heard mixed things on cooling (blocking radiator) with a front hitch spare on an E series nose. You might want to research that before you commit, or maybe mock something up to try it first. I guess on a Chinook there's no room under the rear, probably tanks there.

I meant the grill haha. But yea I researched a while ago about blocking the raidiator when mounting a tire or moto, a lot of guys said they had been doing it for a while and were fine. Hopefully I won’t have to tho.

This is probably my favorite build on this site. Absolutely sick.

Thanks man!!!

86scotty

Cynic
Thanks! Yea most Chinooks were rear entry, they only offered the side entry for a few years and didn’t make that many of them.

I've always been interested in Chinooks for some reason. I've looked at about everyone I could find online and in real life for about the past 15 years. I've seen exactly TWO side entry models (I mean the classic Chinook Premier/Concourse, not the bigger Glacier things). Those two were yours and one other.

I would love to know the sales numbers.

eporter

Adventurer
Here ya go Scotty. Join the club!
0b8a52d1a4b8dd6d1a1d2da67a12c2e0.jpg

willywalderbeast

Master of None
I've always been interested in Chinooks for some reason. I've looked at about everyone I could find online and in real life for about the past 15 years. I've seen exactly TWO side entry models (I mean the classic Chinook Premier/Concourse, not the bigger Glacier things). Those two were yours and one other.

I would love to know the sales numbers.

Funny story, I flew out to Hood River OR to buy mine and on that trip in Creater Lake NP if I remember correctly I saw an identical clone to mine, side entry, color, everything haha.

They're out there, but for every 100 or so rear entry units you’ll see maybe 1 SE. I looked on and off for mine for about a year and only 2 popped up. And I wanted the V10 not the V8 which started in ‘97, the last year the SE was offered. ??

Here ya go Scotty. Join the club!
0b8a52d1a4b8dd6d1a1d2da67a12c2e0.jpg

That’s a nice looking unit!

86scotty

Cynic
Wow, crazy. I figured there was a small crossover year on SE and v10. I've had one 460 motorhome and one 460 SMB. I'll never have another 460. Just too old and thirsty. The V10, SE combo is definitely the ticket.

Nice find @eporter! If that was a V10 I might buy it sight unseen. I'd really like to know if it's an OBDII 460 being 96 but motorhome manufacturers don't always use a chassis from the same year as their model. Could be a 94-95 chassis. No OBDII, no bueno for me.

Sorry, back to the thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles