E350 ambulance rear mechanical suspension

Gunnut78

I just bought a 1990 E350 wheeled coach ambulance! It has a Quigley 4x4 kit on it, 7.3l naturally aspirated diesel work only 8k original miles on it!! Woot Woot!
Took me 18 months to get through the red tape from the hospital, but I got it in my driveway now! Best part! Yup, there's more!! It was $500!!

Downside is it sat for 6 years. Hence the reason I posted here. It has rear airbag suspension and the air bags have cracked and are slowly leaking. I'd like to replace them with leaf springs or something mechanical. Quigley stated that the original suspension from Ford is what they had on there when it left them.

Any suggestions as to what kind of rear suspension to replace the air bags with? I was thinking the stock items from an e450 or so.

Thanks in advance! I'm loving this thing!!IMG_20171215_121623.jpg

eporter

Adventurer
So it has air-kneeling suspension?

From the factory there are leaf springs in the rear. Usually there are added airbags to help firm up the ride.

If you don’t have leaf springs, and you have a failing airbag system, then you need to fix that. Pics?

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
E350 or E450 pack doesn’t matter so much.

I suspect they’ll be the same other than weight rating. I’m running 4000lb spring packs, and they’ve lifted the rear 2-3”. The D/S has a 1” lift block to level it out since the D/S is +/- 700 lbs heavier. Once the interior is finished on the P/S it should be closer side to side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior