E350 4x4 Wheel Upgrade

tedujam

I'm looking to upgrade the rims/tires on mine but a little worried about the fronts. The previous owner had downgraded to some cheap stock F150 rims/tires for city driving and I'm not sure what he was running before that.

I'd like to move up to at least 33s, but I'm afraid they're gonna rub up front. If so, what do most people do? Tear off the lower bumper?

e350 front tire.jpg

Raul

Adventurer
Trim the plastic piece. The metal bumper could be trimmed too or you can put some sort of spacers and make it stick further forward.

Those rims are not from a F150. They are from F250 or F350.
Your van is not a U-joint conversion. It is probably MG Metalworks (Maybe supplied by U-joint, but a different design than the leaf spring U-joint)

tedujam

Trim the plastic piece. The metal bumper could be trimmed too or you can put some sort of spacers and make it stick further forward.

Those rims are not from a F150. They are from F250 or F350.
Your van is not a U-joint conversion. It is probably MG Metalworks (Maybe supplied by U-joint, but a different design than the leaf spring U-joint)
I'm just going by what the previous owner told me. I'm sure he meant F250/350, since F150 is the wrong bolt pattern. And he claimed the 4x4 conversion was a U-joint installed by Green Fab in Alaska.

van ad snip.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles