E250 2wd suspension upgrade

Gtdad

Adventurer
Stopped by the shop to see progress. The MoogCC880s seems to have lifted front close to 2 inches...
I had a leaf added in rear as well all the pads in between and ended up only needing 1 inch block to level it.
Have not seen final product yet , it was the lowdown I got from the at the Tech at spring shop.
Turns out I had a bad ball joint.. It got replaced.

Gtdad

Adventurer
All done :)
They had to replace a fried ball joint.
They had to add one adjustable bushing for camber one side already was already on there. Apparently my alignment was already off.
They only put a 1 inch block in the rear as the extra leaf I needed lifted it a lot as it was.
They also replaced all the pads that are in between the springs as they were worn out.

I made sure my water tank and grey tank were full so they could get it where I wanted.
Its driving much more precise now , no wallowing or wandering.
Going over california speed bumps at 30mpg barely felt them, reg speed bumps at nortmal felt much improved.
Pretty sure this is a much lift as I will need for BC forest service roads, logging roads etc that I frequent. Also notice my seating postion has a better/more comfortable view as I am down angle in front a bit instead of up angle.

Measurements
Front measured from the front
running board behind the wheel to the ground.
Before
12 inches
After 14.25
Measurements rear
Measured from Runningboard in front of wheel to the ground
Before
11. ⅞
After
Before new bumper, new bike rack and new batteries (2xgroup27 6V's) already sagging a bit.
Was 1/2 to3/4 lower in rear then the front when it went in this morning.

5ccf89546dcc7153f55238eb8f22f594.jpg

With new bumper and bike rack ,batteries (140lbs worth and new springs
b86a63adff73b55c1e60b54bc4cfba09.jpg

Last edited:

Gtdad

Adventurer
Looks good.

I've also got a bad ball Joint or 4... Need to get the spare parts installed.
Thanks I am quite happy with the results , now to put a detroit truetrac in rear and some tracked roof racks and solar and and and..
Good grief my wife better not read this..

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Costs North of the border

How much were the Moog CC880 Springs?

Hi I'm finally going to beef up my suspension On my
2002 e250 rb camper van
This is my plan.

Rear helper leaf spring to get it level ish
and 2 inch lift block

Right now my rear is sagging about 1.5-2 inches due to my new custom bumper ,North Shore bike rack and 135 lbs of new Agm batteries ..plus gear loaded.

Front new springs
Moog Cc880s (Variable rate )
Camber bushings..

I'm hoping to get 1.5 ish lift out of the moog front springs.

Did I miss anything?? Any insights?
Cheers

ert01

Adventurer
I paid $139 CDN (that's after shipping and taxes) for mine off amazon.ca a few months back but I see them listed there now for $190...

Gtdad

Adventurer
Yup 190 shipping included.
Our dollar is down could account for the jump.
Either way best local price I found was 245!

Gtdad

Adventurer
Drives really nice, firm but not jarring , feels more precise in my steering due to alignment and fresh springs.
Very happy I did it

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Thanks... How heavy is your front end?

Trying to figure out how your's would compare to an ambulance with a 7.3 (+/- 3000 lbs from what I recall).

Gtdad

Adventurer
Well I've got just a 5.4 , no roof racks and my poptop is very slim like s gtrv.
Most of my weight was near back , ie heavier bumper, bike rack , 2x27 series agm' water etc.
My rear end with one added leaf and 1 inch block lifted 3.5 inches from sag to make about 1 inch higher than front ..

d1baec90ff0a2a10a36be2c6b41cd928.jpg

matthepp

Hey GTdad,
While I have to admit that I'm south of the border, I do have the same Canadian camper van as you, a 2003 Traverse. Stumbled on to your post and I would like to achieve the same goals you achieved: strictly 2WD, a bit more clearance, and better ride on the washboard and graded FS roads. Can you lend any insight after close to a year with your new suspension upgrades? I'm open ears. Planning to tackle all work myself in the driveway. Cheers, and sorry to hijack your thread a bit, but the similarities are uncanny.20160726_154907[1].jpg

tvo3405

Following, I have a Ford Majestic Tourer 2 (2009) on a E250 2wd. Want to achieve better handling on the freeway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94