E250 2wd suspension upgrade

Gtdad

Adventurer
Hi I'm finally going to beef up my suspension On my
2002 e250 rb camper van
This is my plan.

Rear helper leaf spring to get it level ish
and 2 inch lift block

Right now my rear is sagging about 1.5-2 inches due to my new custom bumper ,North Shore bike rack and 135 lbs of new Agm batteries ..plus gear loaded.

Front new springs
Moog Cc880s (Variable rate )
Camber bushings..

I'm hoping to get 1.5 ish lift out of the moog front springs.

Did I miss anything?? Any insights?
Cheers

Last edited:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Longer/better shocks, extra leaf in rear to carry the load, brake lines (???), sway bar in front to maintain current stability.

Weldtech's kit has modified Radius arms to improve castor. My 97 Ambo (&2001 parts pile) use 1/2" spacers to lengthen the Radius arms (changing Castor) to improve handling I'm sure.

Gtdad

Adventurer
@Bikersmurf
Yup an extra helper leaf spring is planned. I m really only looking for small lift as I drive mostly on road but wany some extra clearance for forest service roads.
I like the spacer idea.. Im looking at some bilsteins rv comfort series shocks to add to my suspension plan.
33-187563 front
33-176840)rear

@Abe Froman
Im located in vancouver bc canada so anything south of the border is going to cost an extra 30% in exchange rate plus shipping, brokerage taxes. Everyhting nearly costs double after all that.
So I'm staying in canada for all my parts for now.
Actually just got the coils ordered from amazon.ca for 50 $ cheaper than autoparts chain store.
Also the camburg and action van are more lift than I need considering my driving needs. Although a truetrac diff is my future..

Raul

Adventurer
I wanted similar results on my e150. I replaced completely the rear with some HD springs from SD Springs. I like them very much. I was able to remove a 1" spacer and still be close to 1" taller than before (a little bit less than 2" gain over stock worn out springs). I think that before adding a helper, you want your springs to be en good shape.
I put progressive MOOG springs (I think I got the same you listed). They lifted the van a bit, but I do not like the progressive part: for all practical purpose, the top coils are compressed all the time, leaving all the work to the bottom ones. I want to change them.. I think you can use some F250/350, but I am not sure about the years.. [ CORRECTION: I used Moog CC880 ]

My review of the rear springs [link]http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1372738-new-sdtrucksprings-on-e150-review.html

Last edited:

RickM

Observer
I am looking at all of this also. The only drawback to air springs is the fact that you have to keep an eye on air pressure as they are not an install and forget kind of thing, from what I know. Anyone have any success with supersprings? Amazon reviews look really positive.

Gtdad

Adventurer
Well it looks Wednesday is the big day.
Dropping off my van wed morning.
Extra leaf
2 inch block
Moog cc880s springs
Camber bushings as needed
Can't wait to get it over with...

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Companies try to send repair technicians here from Vancouver to repair a hundred dollar item... Only a few miles away on the map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior