E-bike or motorcycle for secondary vehicle

Photobug

[

I'm 5'8" on a good day and the CRF300L felt perfect for me. Kicking myself for not just buying it but it wasn't really in the cards when my local dealership had one in, not to mention they were price gouging some with the supply chain issues. still looking to get one some day though.

I am now waffling between the CRF and a DR-Z, mostly because of the price gouging. My two closest shops have quoted me $7,500 and $6,500 for a $5,500 bike. By the time the suspension is brought up to snuff and the bike is outfitted, I am probably close to $8000+. On the other hand a CRF300L ABS is only avialable because of the gouging.

It is hard to spend $8000+ for a $5,500 bike when I can get a well-equipped lightly used DRZ for half that.

ricoisme26

I am now waffling between the CRF and a DR-Z, mostly because of the price gouging. My two closest shops have quoted me $7,500 and $6,500 for a $5,500 bike. By the time the suspension is brought up to snuff and the bike is outfitted, I am probably close to $8000+. On the other hand a CRF300L ABS is only avialable because of the gouging.

It is hard to spend $8000+ for a $5,500 bike when I can get a well-equipped lightly used DRZ for half that.

I too looked at a CRF300l and was shocked by the quote of $7500 out the door. This is a $5500 bike everywhere I read reviews and prices... thought about it though, $5500 is MSRP for the bike, there may have been a day and age where you walked out at or under MSRP but tax title and tags cost money, not the $2000 difference but I shouldn't have expected to walk away with a bike at that price. Is the stealership price gouging? Yes, to a degree. Do I need to adjust my expectations for purchasing a brand new motorcycle? No way... I mean, probably, its just how things are these days/

Photobug

Do I need to adjust my expectations for purchasing a brand new motorcycle? No way... I mean, probably, its just how things are these days/

Not only do you need to adjust your expectations on buying a new bike, you need to adjust expectations on buying used. In looking to buy a used DRZ, I was told to look for under $4k for a used bike. In months of searching I only saw very few at that price and they went in under a day.

Photobug

My new ride. I have swapped out the tires for 17" wheels and it allows me to almost flat foot it. I got to figure out how to carry it and others on my RV now and also how to ride a motorcycle. Looking forward to the new addition to adventure. Also got my wife a CT110 Trail

Attachments

• 20220313_095410.jpg
    20220313_095410.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37

ricoisme26

@Photobug congrats on the new bike! I try to remember when looking at used bike posting that prices are what the seller thinks the bike is worth. The bikes you see posted haven't sold yet, I reason in my own mind that'd because the price doesn't match the bike, always need to be ready to act on deals because they don't last long.

Welcome to two wheeling as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles