E-350 Cutaway with Total Composites Box

CalgaryMcLean

Any flexing pics with just the subframe?
What steps are you using?

I day dream about a similar (E-series with composite box) rig all the time so subscribed for more pics, details, and updates, great work so far!
No pics of the flex with the subframe installed.
Will do more testing after the camper box is installed.

The steps are Lippert Kwikee 25 Series Electric 3-step.
I looked at and modelled a LOT of different steps and these were the ones that fit the best.
Collapsed, they fit into their space without hanging below the toolboxes, and the rise between steps matches the final step of the camper stairwell.

REF

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, following with interest. Those guys are doing a great job, nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninelitetrip

Great looking build.

How did you decide on the overall length of the van, and the interior dimensions of the habitat? Is Pronghorn doing the interior fit-out?

Great work on the underbody pieces, good idea for the cat.

E-350 7.3 "Economy vs. F series 7.3 "Premium" engine. Is anything planned to get some extra HP, say a 5 Star tune?

CalgaryMcLean

Great looking build.

How did you decide on the overall length of the van, and the interior dimensions of the habitat? Is Pronghorn doing the interior fit-out?

The interior dimensions are 122" long x 80.5" wide x 80.5" high.

The length is about as short as I could go with this chassis. If the camper was longer, then the camper box or spare tire or rear storage boxes would start to reduce the departure angle, and I wanted the camper square at the rear, not angled.

With an angled rear on the camper, then the spare tire and storage boxes have to mount higher, which is not a plus.

Any shorter, and then the fuel tank hanging down becomes the limiting factor. This length also gives me just enough frame rail behind the fuel tank to mount the rear camper supports and rear bumper.

The width is enough to let me have an elevating bed, running east-west, and still clear the window frames.

I will be doing the interior myself.

The engine is the standard economy tune for the E-350. Coming from a VW Westfalia Syncro background, the standard tune should be more than enough power for my needs.

CalgaryMcLean

Pronghorn EV continuing with the assembly.

Back wall with storage boxes installed.
Spare tire mounts between the boxes.
Rear with boxes.jpg

Side with boxes.jpg

Side view with the entry door installed.
Side with door.jpg

Roof, roof fan, clearance lights, corner caps, door grab handle, and lots of caulking still to go.
A few more weeks and then I will start on the interior.

REF

Looking great, without digging too far into TC options, I’m curious if you know if they offer a cab over version that’ll fit on the cutaway.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Looking great, without digging too far into TC options, I’m curious if you know if they offer a cab over version that’ll fit on the cutaway.

You could order a custom box through any of our builders. Feel free to reach out. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94