Dynatrac axles - is everyone else's belching oil out of the breather?

Bullsnake

Adventurer
Good evening everyone!

I have two vehicles that currently are running Dynatrac axles, and have had another in the past, and they all leak oil out of the breather line - just wondering if anyone has any insight on this? All vehicles were built by reputable and long standing companies, so I am fairly confident they were set up correctly - just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks for any insight!

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Dynatrac Differentials- Puking gear lube out of breather tube

Good evening everyone!

I have two vehicles that currently are running Dynatrac axles, and have had another in the past, and they all leak oil out of the breather line - just wondering if anyone has any insight on this? All vehicles were built by reputable and long standing companies, so I am fairly confident they were set up correctly - just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks for any insight!

I'm running a Pro Rock 60 in the rear and a Pro Rock 44 on the front of the Jeep. I noticed some fluid around my FRONT breather tube a few weeks after installing the differential. The top of my breather tube is located at the top of my wheel wells...a good 24" above the differential housing. Could not figure out how the differential was building that kind of pressure to puke fluid out the top. Differentials were never running hot to the touch. The Jeep had never been on an angle that would have allowed lube to run out by gravity. I have kept my eye on it, and I don't seem to be having the problem anymore. I run Royal Purple gear lube in both differentials. They are geared 5.13.

I'd pull the differential covers and see if anything looks odd inside. It's an easy job that will give you peace of mind.

How long have you been running the Dynatracs?

onebadtj

I have a low pinion Dynatrac 60 full floater in the rear and a ProRock 60 in the front of my JKU. I've never seen fluid puking out the vents. I'm running 5:38's with ARB's. I've had it to 90 on the hwy too.

DE.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Leakage out the vent tube is commonplace on axles with reverse cut gears.

Im not familiar with dynatrac.

njtacoma

Explorer
could it be the capillary effect? Where fluid is creeping up the vent tube.

I think bajataco (maybe) had a write up of a similar problem with an ARB locker in the front of a Tacoma doing something similar. I realize it is Apples and Oranges, but maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior