Dynamax Isata 5 28SS - Ram 5500 4x4 or Thor Outlaw 29s with 4x4

jkam

nomadic man
To the OP.
Nexus has a 4x4 Super C called the Rebel. Built on the new medium duty GM/ International chassis.
Don't know if you might be interested in that, they show a 30' model.
Nexus Rebel 4x4

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
I keep coming back to the smaller murphy bed setup... The Isata 5 doesn't really seem to have any usable ground clearance.. the 4x4 would basically be for wet grass, slight mud, snow.

The 24' platform (6 feet shorter) on a 4x4 5500 chassis would really be awesome.

Bigger super singles, lockers, emissions delete (sshhhh), "Xplorer package" and this would be a KILLER setup.

Attachments

• 24Ft Murphy Bed.PNG
    24Ft Murphy Bed.PNG
    644.5 KB · Views: 48

zb39

Adventurer
I'm thinking about 14 to 16 feet long on the 5500. Eliminate the bed in the back and wife and i would use the cab over bunk. Then all the space in the box would be for living area. Also vehicle would be smaller etc.

Steve_382

One other option that could be converted to 4x4 at Quigley for about $15,000 is this unit from Coachmen with a very large storage area under the bed. About 38" wide by 44" tall and full width. Cross Trek 27XG. A bit less than 30' long, so equivalent to the Thor Outlaw, but no slide outs on this one, so lighter and simpler.

LovinPSDs

Adventurer

New 4x4 options available from Thor. Probably not the best setup, but still an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles