Dweb down for anyone else?

Viggen

Just here...
Just curious. My online world is crumbling! This site and now DWeb? Theres always D90 but its just not the same.

Viggen

Just here...
Okay. Just checking. Was going to go and search for the hub seals and first hand knowledge. In my ongoing attempt to give my truck the much needed PM that the previous owner probably didnt do, Im looking at doing the hub seals. I need to track down a front end squeal that only happens when I turn left and disappears when I hit the brakes. It sounds almost like a mud guard rubbing against the disc or a stone is caught between the pad and the rotor so I figured that if I was there, I might want to check the fluid level in the swivels and maybe do the seals if its not too tough.

That, and rear rotors and pads.

It's always down right when I want to look something up. It might be back in a few minutes or the next day. I somehow thought it was just me.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
You if you know of something specific you're looking for on Dweb that you know you can't find anywhere else, then google is your friend. You can often find in through google and view the cached page when the Dweb is down.

Viggen

Just here...
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=488708&postcount=734
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=608258&postcount=9
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=489203&postcount=744

I completely documented every step of converting D1 brakes to D90 with complete rebuild of the entire brake system and hubs. Then promptly lost all the photos. :(

Awesome. Thanks for this. The fronts are new with pads and rotors so Im hoping that there were seals done at that time but the rears need rotors so Im going to do the whole thing back there.

I checked and its down in IE too. Do they need donations or something to keep it up and running?

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
I checked and its down in IE too. Do they need donations or something to keep it up and running?
Beats me, I got banned for an accidental double post right after donating money for their new server and haven't been back since.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
You were banned after a double post? I find that hard to believe.
I found it hard to believe too, since it was obviously a problem with the server, and that my email to admins went unanswered. But there are 10 or 12 other Land Rover specific forums (plus Expo, Pirate and Difflock) that I read, so I'm covered I think. LOL

Viggen

Just here...
I hope around on others as well but there is SO much info on DWeb that its usually my first stop.

bovw

Explorer
I found it hard to believe too, since it was obviously a problem with the server, and that my email to admins went unanswered. But there are 10 or 12 other Land Rover specific forums (plus Expo, Pirate and Difflock) that I read, so I'm covered I think. LOL
If I remember correctly Tom, the server was allowing people to post threads, but not responses. You were not singled out for a double post. While I'm sure the situation could have been handled differently in certain cases, you were not the only one banned. Several users including a parts vendor were given a one week ban for the continued posting knowing there was a problem. You were caught up in that I'm sure, and that being the case, yes they should have responded to you. Please don't give dweb a worse name here than it already has with that false impression being shown. I really miss the technical content that you provided there, I for one would love to see you back.

disclaimer: I am not afiliated to dweb in any way except as a happy user.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior