Duration Health, Pro Kit ( RX Antibiotic) review, and unboxing.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
With my job and NGO work taking me all over the place, and spendig a lot of time in remote and austere places, the Duration Health Pro kit caught my eye recently.

The idea is this "
The off-grid medical kit with antibiotics, EpiPen® and emergency Rx
Talk with our doctors online, and get basic prescription medications now — before you need them in an emergency "

Although I do practice medicine and have endorsements in clinical care this is designed to be used by anyone. ( they did ask for a copy of my lisensure) Aemt, NREMT, and in Oregon, Arizona, MCPIC< etc

You dont need a med lisensue to order.

This is not a comprehensive first aid kit. Nor is it designed to be. This is RX antiobiotics, as a kit that can be designed for the user and prescribed to you, and then mailed to your home address. Designed to be used in conjunction with telemedicine and or consulting a MD prior to actual use. They have a field guide with them.

I went online and ordered my Kit tuesday afternoon, and filled out about 56 pages of information, ( solid 20 mins for me to fill out, including a online quiz) on Wed night I was able to schedule the video conference, that lasted about a half hour, the MD i talked to was great, understood my work, and what I needed was open to sugestions and substitutions. I got the feeling they would spend as long as needed to talk about the process, and what each medicaton is used for. So my 1/2 hour may be qucker than someone who is unfamiliar with RX, and the usses of them.

The state you live in, has to be selected as that can make change things when it comes to mail order pharmacy.

Duration Health does not prescribe pain meds,

I will be happy to answer any questions and post live updates as this process unfolds,

I will also update, what is in my kit,

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
So far, I've been impressed. I got the notice today, the kit has shipped.

Its been seamless, and well thought out thus far.
1c7b6a25154a4b2721d7f36ddb262e92.jpg

Sent from my magical BlackBerry pocket tool, somewhere remote. Happy Tails & Safe Travels

Oscar Mike Gulf Yankee

Very interesting, I wondered what mortals had to do to get drugs while traveling.

Do you know what country those drugs are from?

You mentioned a quiz, are there materials to study?

Did the doctor speak English?

Do they take insurance?

Thank you for the tip!

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
All through Mexico, Central and South America, you can just walk into a pharmacy and get a lot by asking. ( mostly, ). Europe has more strict standards.

The thought process is, you have these prescribed to you. If you end up needing them, you can ask a MD and they pretty much tell you what to use, how long, etc.

There is also a manual in the kit. They probably assume most won't consult first, so have things well labeled, the quiz and guide book to help people through it.

It's all done in the United States, the MD spoke English, the prescription is filled in the US.

The MD's who are doing this, have to use their medical licensure, it's still a RX program. With a consult, health history. So they take it seriously.

There was a quiz, yes. It was before I had the consult, ( they knew I had gotten one question wrong)

There is a FAQ, and study material. I just skipped it, as I'm pretty familiar.

The question I got wrong, had to do w/ an antibiotic that can be used in eyes or ears, and I've only used it w/ eyes before. It was explained, had I taken the time to read it.

I'm not sure if they take insurance, you'd probably have to use a HSA card, or CC and try for reimbursement.

Sent from my magical BlackBerry pocket tool, somewhere remote. Happy Tails & Safe Travels

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Well, they don't waste any time!

Showed up at work today, a few days earlier than expected.

Just a quick snapshot, until I get home and do a thorough check.

f26c315fae1fdc1c27e5b525d36fe0bb.jpg
300c3fe75ceb9b25e08a81c9fa1f911e.jpg
45ca3ec8a6ed585fef5ff5ba194dcec1.jpg

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Well packaged, and labeled. The bag it comes in is well organized, with pockets, as well as a secondary compartment. This has the pharmacy information and a packet, including the info for each RX.

Also included is booklet with instructions. Each RX has my name on it. And a few stickers, I mean everyone loves stickers. That's why I got a medical licensure and Fire Fighting certifications...just for the cool stickers.

As you can see, there is a lot of room for extra stuff.

My kit ended up being more expensive, honestly just due to the 30 day supply of prophylactic malaria medication. As well as an allergy I have I had to sub out a antibiotic.

The base kit, ( which honestly is very well supplied and thought out, is about 300 all in). It pretty much the same, I use when I order for remote clinics antibiotic wise.

I'll post a list, of what's in my kit. *

They have plenty of options for things like EPI, altitude sickness, etc. The MD I spoke with was great.

They also have a program for about 150/year that will resupply/ switch out and renew the expired meds. For Risk management everything has a 1yr posted expiration date.

Feel free to pick my brain,
dd51a8711f0adf88f46eb6a07b0abd76.jpg
697a43056d3fecd25cf68a1e1a46e268.jpg
c285abcef62f09e08cb59e3385409799.jpg
fdd7fb7afcd9ee786e2d47ff94175253.jpg
4d67458f782ec563098adf7f4036f1ae.jpg

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
YOUR MED KIT

Core Rx medications (8)

Allergic reaction
Take 1 tablet every 12 hours for 5 days for the treatment of corticosteroid-responsive dermatitis
predniSONE
20 mg
20 tablets (5 days)
70954-0060-10
Section A

Eye or ear infection
Instill 1 drop in the affected eye 4 times per day for 7 days for eye infection
ofloxacin
0.3% (5 mL)
1 ophthalmic solution (7 days)
174780-7131-0
Section A

Infection
Take 1 tablet every 12 hours for 7 days for the treatment of lower respiratory tract infections
doxycycline hyclate
100 mg
20 tablets (10 days)
00143-2112-50
Section A

Malaria (South America, Africa, and Asia)
Take 1 tablet daily, beginning 1-2 days before travel to malaria-endemic area and continued until 7 days after return
atovaquone-proguanil
generic for Malarone®
250 mg-100 mg
28 pills (28 days)
66993-0060-02
Section B

Nausea and vomiting
Take 1 tablet every 8 hours as needed for nausea and vomiting
ondansetron
generic for Zofran®
4 mg
20 tablets (5 days)
00378-7732-93
Section B0

Pneumonia
Take 2 tablets on first day of therapy, followed by 1 tablet once daily on days 2 to 5, for respiratory infection
azithromycin
250 mg
6 tablets (5 days)
501110-7871-0
Section A

Pneumonia
Take 3 tablets by mouth every 24 hours for 5 days for the treatment of pneumonia
levoFLOXacin
generic for Levaquin®
250 mg
15 tablets (5 days)
55111-0279-50
Section A

Rashes
Apply sparingly 3 times per day to affected area for the treatment of corticosteroid-responsive dermatitis
triamcinolone
generic for Kenalog®
0.1%
1 cream (14 days)
67877-0251-15
Section A
Adult doses are shown, unless otherwise specified. For pediatric patients, refer to weight-based dosing guidelines.

OTC & Other (3)
Allergic reaction

diphenhydrAMINE blisterpack
generic for Benadryl®
25 mg
100 tablets (12 days)
00904-5306-61
Section S
Diarrhea

loperamide blisterpack
generic for Imodium®
2 mg
24 tablets (10 days)
00904-7725-24
Section S
Pain

acetaminophen blisterpack
generic for Tylenol®
500 mg
100 tablets (12 days)
00904-6730-61
Section S
Adult doses are shown, unless otherwise specified. For pediatric patients, refer to weight-based dosing guidelines.

The well thought out base kit pro. Retails for $350.

My version as seen above, with a antiobiotic substitution( Lava-quin , and 30 day anti-malarial, was $700. Anti-malarial is famously spendy, that alone added a few hundred.

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Kit list from their website,

What's in the Pro Med Kit?
Each Pro Med Kit is custom-built, with medications selected and prescribed by your Duration Health doctor during your physician consultation. Your Med Kit may include:
Primary Rx Medications
Eye or ear infection
ofloxacin
Antibiotic drop
Ofloxacin can be used to treat eye infections like bacterial conjunctivitis (pink eye) and ear infections like otitis externa (swimmer's ear).
Pneumonia, ear infection, throat infection and other bacterial infections
azithromycin
an antibiotic
Azithromycin can be used to treat respiratory infections like pneumonia, abdominal infections, ear infections, and throat infections.
Skin infection, urinary tract infection and other bacterial infections
cephalexin
generic for Keflex®, an antibiotic
Cephalexin (generic for Keflex®) is an antibiotic. It is used to treat skin infections, urinary tract infections, respiratory infections, ear infections and more.
Bacterial infections
doxycycline
an antibiotic
Doxycycline can be used to treat multiple types of infections, including respiratory tract infections, tick-borne illness, E. coli, Cholera, Lyme disease and more.
Allergic and steroid-responsive conditions
prednisone
an oral steroid
Prednisone is a steroid, which can be used to treat inflammation, breathing problems and severe allergic reactions.
Inflammation
triamcinolone
a topical steroid
Triamcinolone can be used to treat swelling, itching and redness of the skin.
Only your Duration Health provider can determine which prescriptions may be appropriate for you to receive
Add-On Rx Medications
†Additional cost. Customize during your physician consultation.
Nausea and vomiting†

ondansetron
generic for Zofran®, an antiemetic
Ondansetron (generic for Zofran®) can be used to treat nausea and vomiting from food poisoning, gastroenteritis, and abdominal infections.
Influenza†
oseltamivir
generic for Tamiflu®, an antiviral
Oseltamivir (generic for Tamiflu®) can be used to treat influenza, the virus that causes the flu.
Anaphylaxis†
EPINEPHrine
generic for EpiPen® autoinjector
Epinephrine (generic for EpiPen®) can be used to treat anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction.
Altitude sickness†
acetaZOLAMIDE
generic for Diamox®
Acetazolamide (generic for Diamox®) can be used to treat altitude sickness.
Malaria†
atovaquone-proguanil
generic for Malarone®, an antimalarial
Atovaquone-proguanil (generic for Malarone®) can be used to prevent malaria.
Only your Duration Health provider can determine which prescriptions may be appropriate for you to receive
Women's Health
Pregnancy†

levonorgestrel
generic for Plan B®
Yeast infection†
fluconazole
generic for Diflucan®
UTIs†
nitrofurantoin
generic for Macrobid®
Women's Health items are limited to female patients only. Only your Duration Health provider can determine which prescriptions may be appropriate for you to receive
Over-the-counter Medications
Allergies
diphenhydrAMINE
generic for Benadryl®
Diarrhea
loperamide
generic for Imodium®
Fever
acetaminophen
generic for Tylenol®
Tools
Urinary symptoms†

urine test strips
Monitor for urinary tract infection, hyperglycemia and dehydration
Fever†
thermometer
Monitor your body temperature
Breathing problem†
pulse oximeter
Measure the oxygen level in your blood
All Pro Med Kits include ongoing access to a physicia

Forum statistics

Threads