DuraCozy Expandable Camper

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Cool idea, but I have two problems with it:

1, "Long bed" configuration only, I don't want to have the tailgate down for it to fit on my short bed truck.

2, My wife and I actually like to sleep together, and the "divided" bed would prevent that.

I do like the profile and it does add another option.

Jack

GeoScum

Adventurer
Nice looking camper, other sizes would be good.

The manufacturer needs to go through their web site with the grammar police, a spell checker and a fine tooth comb.

Wyowanderer

Explorer
Cool idea, but I have two problems with it:

1, "Long bed" configuration only, I don't want to have the tailgate down for it to fit on my short bed truck.

2, My wife and I actually like to sleep together, and the "divided" bed would prevent that.

I do like the profile and it does add another option.

Jack

A double bed would be easy to add by adding a platform to the front and turning the mattress crosswise. I had a Michell "ice fishing hut" and did this to accommodate my wife. It worked great.
That wouldn't help the length problem, though.

Prybry

Adventurer
I always wondered if the pickupper would get reborn!

Takes a few cues from the Bethany pickupper...
But the sides are very different using many more moving parts to accomplish the same goal. I would be courious to see where the extra parts get stored when in travel mode. A peek in the door with the roof down would tell you a lot. I'm not too sure about the windows in the canvas roof sides... seem like a high chance of leakage in rain. Also kind of weird the way the ends work, looks like a second door panel in the front? :Wow1:

I like the concept... I've been dreaming up a fiberglass version of the Bethany ever since I got mine.:ylsmoke:
Prybry

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
The manufacturer needs to go through their web site with the grammar police, a spell checker and a fine tooth comb.

Okay, that just cracked me up because the title of this thread, and the link in the OP are both spelled DaraCozy, when the actual name of the thing is DuraCozy.

Just sayin'... :D

SuperCal

Adventurer
Clever idea, pretty stealth looking when its all closed up. But 980 lbs is pretty darn heavy. My fwc hawk weighs in at like 650 lbs...

Prybry

Adventurer
after a closer look at the gallery...

There are a couple pictures in the gallery that might indicate this is a rebirth for this camper... check out the pics on the old brown Ford.. a slightly different design. The pictures strike me as being as old as the truck.

I also got a look at the top raising video... nice time lapsing, doesn't show the guy running all over swinging and locking this and that. More work than it shows that's for sure.

where are the jacks? I don't see them in any picture?

Looks like a concept still being solidified.:coffee:
Prybry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles