Duracell !2v Grp 31 AMG back at Sams Club...$179

Rbertalotto

Explorer

bobholthaus

Observer
They're Back!

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-deep-cycle-marine-and-rv-battery-group-size-31dtmagm/prod3590232.ip?navAction=

I bought two last summer and I was told they were the last ones available in my area and they were discontinued. I paid $179 each and then got 20% by opening a Sam's Club Master Card

Well I just got an email of offerings and the Duracell group 31 AMG battery is listed and still at $179 each.

Can't beat this with a stick!

One year later, are you still happy?

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I am not a Sam's Club member, but I recently needed some degreaser that is private labeled for them. It's $6.50/gal at SC and about $23/gal through Walmart or Amazon. Turns out that SC will let you order things on their website with a 24-hour guest pass and you just pay a 10% premium. Worked for the degreaser, should work for the batteries.

bobholthaus

Observer
I just bought a Duracell Ultra G31 from Batteries Plus for $239.99 with 10% off for in-store pickup. 30 month warranty. Since I can't seem to find anyone on the forum that has tried this battery, I will and I will report. My Diehard Platinum Marine has lasted 6 and a half years! I'm doubting anything will match that.

bobholthaus

Observer
Aaaaand, Batteries Plus cancelled my order at the local store level. The kid called me and said, "we don't carry that battery here". So I said, "it's on your website, can't you order it?" His reply, "I'm not sure, but I don't think so". Then he just sat there. To which I told him to have a manager call me tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobholthaus

Observer
100 AH. It's a Group 31, which is solely a measurement of the case of the battery (I believe that's the only thing the Group # references).

The Artisan

Adventurer
100 AH. It's a Group 31, which is solely a measurement of the case of the battery (I believe that's the only thing the Group # references).

Ah got ya that is a smokin deal....
You are correct about group indicating size.
Kevin

Last edited:

bobholthaus

Observer
To be clear, the one I'm buying at Batteries Plus is not the same one as is the title of this thread; they are a little different, hence the increased price.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Interesting. Probably be my next battery when my diehard platinum dies. I have access to people with membership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crazysccrmd

Observer
I'm not sure what the difference between the Sam's Club and Batteries Plus Duracell batteries other than price and warranty. The labeling is slightly different but both say they are Duracell Ultra Platinum batteries with the same exact specifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles