Duluth Fire Bucket Seat Covers

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I have no experience with that item, but I have a bunch of their clothing and it is good stuff...

Boss Hog

Observer
Not sure I'd buy my seat covers for the same place that sells underwear.

I’m not sure I'd buy underwears from the same place that sells seat covers...I’ve seen these covers in person. That “firehose” material is no joke. I’m getting a set for my F150. Should wear very well...

phsycle

Adventurer
Thanks for the inputs. I was about to place the order. But noticed it said Not side airbag compatible. Called them to make sure. It's a no-go for me. Too bad. It looked like exactly what I wanted...

ericvs

Thanks for the inputs. I was about to place the order. But noticed it said Not side airbag compatible. Called them to make sure. It's a no-go for me. Too bad. It looked like exactly what I wanted...

they have another seat cover that is airbag compatible. It is a bit more $$, but if the airbags are the most important thing, there you go. It also has more pockets which looks nice.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/98200.aspx?kw=seat%20covers&processor=content

phsycle

Adventurer

Zeep

Adventurer
Be aware that the "firehose" material, is not that of what a firehose is made of. It is very similar to Carhartt's canvas duck cloth.
I talked to a lot of people that thought they were getting some form of hose material.
It's just a trademark name. High quality, but mostly made in China.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Be aware that the "firehose" material, is not that of what a firehose is made of. It is very similar to Carhartt's canvas duck cloth.
I talked to a lot of people that thought they were getting some form of hose material.
It's just a trademark name. High quality, but mostly made in China.

Good point! :beer:
I wondering if this would be the first time someone complained for not getting hosed?

phsycle

Adventurer
Be aware that the "firehose" material, is not that of what a firehose is made of. It is very similar to Carhartt's canvas duck cloth...

I'm not even sure what "firehoses" are made of. But if it's heavy duty rubber...no thanks. I hate leather seats, because they don't breathe. And get super hot/cold. I'd imagine rubber would have the same effect.

Just got mine in today. Seems like good quality canvas. I'll install tonight, test it out for a few days, and report.

EDIT: Well, it's not going to work. Their description clearly says it's compatible with side airbags. But the way the bungee cords go right over where the airbags deploy, I really doubt this will work. I called them and they were baffled as well. But great customer service, as they apologized profusely, and immediately said I could return it on their dime. I hope they will make seat covers that are airbag compliant in the future, because I really like the material, and more importantly, the customer service has been great. I will most likely buy the cargo area cover, and maybe the rear seat cover as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles