Ducati Scrambler: Adventure Redefined

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Harley has become purely a lifestyle company. It is not surprising that the "adventure" they tried to promote with HD motorcycles made no sense. The video is as hollow as their products.
Scott sounds crotchety, too. Must be something going around. :)

ihatemybike

Explorer
It would be an expensive multi-day cruise, if you don't have a passport. They could pass through Canada into Alaska and take the ferry Skagway - Haines - Juneau, which is about 6 and a half hours, would add about 1600 miles to their trip.

mkitchen

Explorer
Who'd of Thunk?

The two words, Ducati and Scrambler in the same line was not something I could fathom; that is until I saw the pictures. That is a very classic looking bike. I for one would love to have a chance to ride it. It no doubt has a grin factor that is off the charts.
Mikey

jerdog53

Explorer
Interesting idea. I bet it might.

The first thing I would do is lace a custom 19" wheel for the front. Should be easy to do.

Thats the thing once you have the hub / brake issues resolved (by the factory) its nothing to lace a larger rim with longer spokes to the hub and have a 21" front if you want albeit the rear would need something to balance it.

I like it and I didn't think I would. The wife has stated this will replace her Monster of win win!!

jerdog53

Explorer
scramblerue.jpg

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Harley has become purely a lifestyle company. It is not surprising that the "adventure" they tried to promote with HD motorcycles made no sense. The video is as hollow as their products.
You know that I am no HD apologist and would rather ride a giant tortoise than a Harley, but you have to admit, far more riders travel on those hunks of junk than any other brand of moto. At least in the US.

jerdog53

Explorer
You know that I am no HD apologist and would rather ride a giant tortoise than a Harley, but you have to admit, far more riders travel on those hunks of junk than any other brand of moto. At least in the US.

Yup ride it right down the road to the nearest bar and back again is all...

96Delica

Adventurer
I wanted one of these until I saw the FJ-09. Although the Ducati is obviously waaaaaaaaaaay sexier and waaaaaaaaay cooler, I'm not sure if I would buy it over a touring oriented FZ-09. My pants want the Scrambler, my head wants the FJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles