Ducati Desert X.

jerdog53

Explorer
Wondering what others think of the new model?

Certinelly is a bold new direction for the brand.

2022-Ducati-DesertX-100-scaled.jpg

Set to get the 937cc Testastretta L-Twin engine making 110 horsepower @ 9,000 rpm and 71 ft-lb of torque @ 7,750 rpm. 202 Kg. 21/18 wheel sets

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Looks nice but I've owned some Ducs, they have never lived up to the hype in my experience, maybe things will be different?! I am excited to hear/see more about the Tuareg 660.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
IMHO, it looks like a better looking Tenere 700 with similar performance numbers to the KTM 890 Adventure R but with a 20-30lb weight penalty.

Jupiter58

Good effort by them.
Looks like it can compete in the desert, though not sure about competing in technical stuff. I am a big fan of KTMs off road. They are at the top of the game in suspension tuning and fueling/throttle response off road. KTMs aren’t like Honda reliable but they are far ahead of Ducati. I never had any problems with my 690 and none of my friends have had any issues with their street bikes. I am sure they will sell a few to the Ducati fans. Not for me though. I prefer something about 150 pounds lighter for any on/off road adventures. I soloed the TAT on my RR cb500x and that was close to 450. The fueling was perfect, gear train perfect and the parallel twin is sweet. I was wishing I had stuck with my 690 once I got to Colorado. I will stick to road bikes for road and a nice torquy thumper for combined work.
Competition is good and that adds one more smaller option to the pack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles