Dual Gen 1 Pajeros

Cruisn

Adventurer
Posing hard like ya do.. haha

Figured we could use some Gen 1 loving mixed in with all the gen 2.5 builds. LOL.
both rigs are 2.5 turbo diesels.
set up for touring.

pajeropose_zpsbeb215fe.jpg

pajeropose3_zpsa551ec9d.jpg

pajeropose4_zps0a83b0cb.jpg

pajeropose5_zpsd5a4343f.jpg

pajeropose2_zps03653b33.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Not that lucky, haha. the silver one is my brothers.

The light bar is great. spread is insane. if I run it with my spotties I can see the tree tops, to about 45 degrees to the sides of my pajero, to 800meters down the road.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Love that red one! :) I miss my Gen1. I fell in love with that shoebox on wheels. With all the Gen2 talk, it seems new potential owners write off the Gen1's and don't consider them...but honestly, my '89 went places that surprised both me and anyone watching, and the SOHC 3.0 never felt low on power to me, even with the 32's.

Sure, it didn't come with a locker...but neither do most 4x4's. The LSD worked well with a little e-brake to engage it. Plus, you can always swap one in.

<3 Gen1's. :)

Cruisn

Adventurer
Love that red one! :) I miss my Gen1. I fell in love with that shoebox on wheels. With all the Gen2 talk, it seems new potential owners write off the Gen1's and don't consider them...but honestly, my '89 went places that surprised both me and anyone watching, and the SOHC 3.0 never felt low on power to me, even with the 32's.

Sure, it didn't come with a locker...but neither do most 4x4's. The LSD worked well with a little e-brake to engage it. Plus, you can always swap one in.

<3 Gen1's. :)

There great rigs thats for sure. I perfere the gen 1 since with the boxy shape its very easy to modify and make parts fit. haha.
my lsd doesnt require any handbrake. and running 33's I have new gears to put in to sort me out then I will be a happy camper. guess I should update my build thead one day since I did score a new 80 channel radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles