Dual Charging Goal Zero Yeti 400

I have been searching on and off all day and I can't figure out a sure way to do this.

Goal Zero Yeti 400 has a single charging input. For my trailer I'd like to charge via solar but when I hook up my truck and drive I'd like that to top up the Yeti as well. I don't want to have to manually switch plugs because I am bound to forget and then end up with no power.

What am I missing here? I don't see any splitters on the Goal Zero site so does this have to be a custom setup then? I did find they used to sell a combiner plug but that is no longer available.

Thanks!

Did you end up doing this? I'm looking to do something similar for my Dometic PLB40 battery

I bought this which connects to the power input on my Goal Zero. I then spliced in a lead from the truck to charge when driving and a lead that heads to my solar panels for when I am parked. So far this has worked well for me. I thought about adding a third lead for shore power but I haven't had a need for it.

Does that answer your question?

jefftothe

I bought this which connects to the power input on my Goal Zero. I then spliced in a lead from the truck to charge when driving and a lead that heads to my solar panels for when I am parked. So far this has worked well for me. I thought about adding a third lead for shore power but I haven't had a need for it.

Does that answer your question?

I think so. I got a y connector for my solar and 12v socket so hopefully I can test It out soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles