Dual battery systems, with auto shutoff?

dfrank

Observer
Didn't there used to be a sub forum specifically for random electrical system threads? I cant find it if so. I'll move it, if there is a better sub forum.

In my truck camper, I want to wire both an auto, low voltage shutoff, and maybe a switchover for using two batteries that are not quite the same.

I'm already running a battery isolator that separates the two engine batteries from the two 6 volt Coach batteries, but I ran those down, and ended up buying another 12 V AGM as a last minute fix to keep systems going in the field.

I know not to run those two (three) as one unit, but I'd like to keep them both, and have a switchover to use them individually, but charge them all together. Is there a switch that allows manual selection, while always letting them charge when the alternator is spinning?

An automatic, low voltage shutoff seems like a good idea, but the ones I've seen look cheesy.

Thanks,
Dave

simple

Adventurer
As a resource, there is a lot of good electrical system discussion on the Sprinter Source forum although there isn't a specific sub category for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz