Dual Battery Setups

Reata Rover

Adventurer
Can anyone direct me to a thread that might explain a stellar way to mount dual batteries beneath the bonnet? I have searched the best ways I can thinkof and cannot come up with anything.

Or, if you have one and can offer suggestions, that would be great.

Thanks,

toyrunner95

Explorer
Search "dual battery" if you haven't already. Or dig up the build up threads. There are alot of threads that deal with dual batteries.

if you follow my link you can see how mine is setup. Its pretty simple to do.

rambrush

Adventurer
I found a universal battery tray that would fit in the tight space on a Toyota Tundra. It accomidates dual Oddssey 1200's. Then went with the hellroaring controller. 2/0 welding cable.

Last edited:

TeriAnn

Explorer
Reata Rover said:
Can anyone direct me to a thread that might explain a stellar way to mount dual batteries beneath the bonnet?

Or, if you have one and can offer suggestions, that would be great.

May I suggest that you do not limit yourself to the space beneath the bonnet? There may be unused spaces within the vehicle body that are not inside the cockpit/passenger area. It never hurts to lay under your vehicle to look for unused spaces above the bottom of the frame rail.

Reata Rover

Adventurer
Great suggestion. I did find the spot where the air suuspension compressor went that I thought might work. Thanks

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
rambrush said:
I found a universal battery tray that would fit in the tight space on a Toyota Tundra. It accomidates dual Oddssey 1200's. Then went with the hellroaring controller. 2/0 welding cable.

Can you point us in the right direction for this tray?

Also, anyone have info on a disco-specific tray? I think that's what John's after.

rambrush

Adventurer
The universal tray is cheaper but may require some mods to make it fit. Where as that one is plug and play. The Amfor looks stronger.
They show some red tops in the tray but I did not see any dimensions during my quick look. I would think the odysseys would fit as well.

frans

Adventurer
Wow, 175 bucks for a metal tray. Thank goodness I know how to make stuff myself. The materials cost me about 20 bucks, less than a half hour to fabricate and install....

khaywood

I installed the aedofab tray in my 2001 Disco. I was able put in a starter battery and deep cycle battery in the same space that used to occupy the original battery and bottle jack. I then installed a National Luna dual battery management system. There is room behind the battery tray to mount the solenoid and controller. I fab'ed a bracket to make that happen. I am very happy with this set up.

I agree the cost of the tray is pretty steep, but it is a perfect replacement for this model truck.

Reata Rover

Adventurer
I agree the cost of the tray is pretty steep, but it is a perfect replacement for this model truck.[/QUOTE]

What about for an '04? Same setup? WOuld it work for it as well with the bottle jack out? I was hoping to use two yellow top Optimas. Do you think it would work with this type setup?

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
rambrush said:

Whered you get the tray I'm ashamed to post what I"m using. What are the dimensions?

Thank you

Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior