Dual battery option?

GORM

Adventurer
Here are the results of my project .... Works great, now just need to attach the toys. First project is making the stock cubby fridge active (prior post) and then CB off the dual to improve reception.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
Here are the results of my project .... Works great, now just need to attach the toys. First project is making the stock cubby fridge active (prior post) and then CB off the dual to improve reception.

View attachment 355652
View attachment 355653
Gorm,

Congratulations on the project. Hope you share updates. I think your setup closely resembles mine, still in progress.

Did you, are you going to get a voltage meter for 2nd battery?

What Die Hard is that one?

GORM

Adventurer
Wh1t, the starter battery is a Diehard Gold, purchased about 2 weeks after I bought the rig and I had every light on my dashboard going off. Luckily, I had frequented the Land Rover section and knew the probable root cause (touchy lr3's). I just went and got a battery which fixed all the problems. I Did not do the voltmeter yet but purchased all the wiring to do 2 runs to remote blue sea fuse boxes, 1 in front and 1 in the rear. Volt meter will tie into front one and that will be a easy install once I've breached th firewall and set up remote boxes.

Btw: planning on using 5025 boxes and 6awg wiring. That allows a lot of capacity. Rather spend a little more and then never need to redo it later.

GORM

Adventurer
You are correct. There's plenty of clearance, there is a battery boxe cover. I'm going to be hooking up some stuff onto the dual and will correct it then, good eye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94