Dual battery opinions

Chad D.

After a quick chat with Shane, it appears that I am just stupid...

Had I found the complete instruction set, I would have noticed that the thingy behind the fuse box must be relocated prior to relocating the fuse box.

In his video, it only mentions that the box must move. There are 4 mounts on the box, and 5 relocation tabs were sent. I couldn’t figure out what the single one was for, so assumed it was a spare... Nope. Three of them are for the thingy behind the fuse box. Only two are actually for the box. All very clearly shown in the PDF instructions, complete with color photos and tons of descriptions....

Should have it in tomorrow now!

Chad D.

7898996ae2968b72961fc0bbc90b6dd9.jpg
f0dda6ccffe8a6b6653b525372e5d3b2.jpg

If it fits, it ships!

Small hands would have been a blessing, but it all went in as it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad D.

Been using this with my fridge running since installed, and have had zero issues. Time will tell how long the batteries last, but all is good so far!

How do you like the Genesis system? I have Tundra and am thinking about the same system. Did you notice any droop in the front with the added battery? Other than moving the fuse box were there any issues? Also again thinking of adding the LED headlights because the standard ones suck was there much of a clearance issue?

Chad D.

I’m happy with it, so far. It was a snug fit with my LED light buckets, but the kit fits well. The photos attached are of my truck, so you can see how it works out. My understanding is that the non-LED trucks are easier to shoehorn it together. You’ll likely need to relocate things if you do go factory LED. No clue on aftermarket...

I don’t believe that anyone would notice any droop in the front suspension, as my setup is maybe 30# heavier than the factory battery.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles