Dry fire for improving shooting accuracy

verdesard0g

Search and Rescue first responder
After shooting low and to the right with my new little .380 Idid some dry fire pratice, dramatic improvements!

Iron sights at about 20 feet (9 rounds):

20190113_184830.jpg

Green laser sights (5 rounds) looks like it could use a bit of adjustment:

20190113_184844.jpg

verdesard0g

Search and Rescue first responder
One good tecnique it to aim at a bare wall and concentrate on the front sight when pulling the trigger. Think about your grip and trigger finger placement, trying to keep all tight and aligned and gently pulling the trigger straight back. When actually shooting you will be more prone to keep the front sight in fous therefore imroving your grouping.

ultraclyde

Observer
My son-in-law gave me one of these for Christmas. Remains to be seen how helpful it will be, but it has to improve things.

https://mantisx.com/

I've looked at a similar system that uses a laser dot cartridge and a phone app to track where the laser hits a supplied target. Price was similar although the Mantisx also requires an adapter for my pistol. How reliable does the motion sensor system feel?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Repetition builds muscle memory which in turn is what you/your body will default too when under stress. Use proper and proven techniques. Keep up the the dry fire! Well done.

bob280zx

Observer
I've looked at a similar system that uses a laser dot cartridge and a phone app to track where the laser hits a supplied target. Price was similar although the Mantisx also requires an adapter for my pistol. How reliable does the motion sensor system feel?

Actually seems to be pretty accurate. If nothing else, I’m more aware of poor trigger control as it occurs. If your pistol has a standard rail, it fits fine. Otherwise, they have adapters that seem to mostly attach to the mag base. All my pistols are non rail except one G19 which is what it’s mounted on. I’ll probably get an adapter for one of the Sigs so I can see how DA trigger pull does

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
My son and I use the iTarget Pro which has a laser insert and a small target and uses your smartphone camera to record the hits.
Great for timing and such.
there are tons of dry fire videos on youtube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles