Drug Dealer?

SkiWill

Little video I put together after planning and leading a bachelor party for a good friend.

So on the one hand I'm sorry for you not yet selling your L322 to help with your business investment as someone who started their own gig 7 years ago and it was totally worth it. On the other hand, it's great to see your L322 still out and about goofing off and having fun with friends because that is the entire point of the L322 despite what anyone else says.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
So on the one hand I'm sorry for you not yet selling your L322 to help with your business investment as someone who started their own gig 7 years ago and it was totally worth it. On the other hand, it's great to see your L322 still out and about goofing off and having fun with friends because that is the entire point of the L322 despite what anyone else says.

haha I appreciate that! And you’re not wrong, I love this thing through and through, never going to feel bad about keeping it.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
I’m not sure how many on here follow the fourwheeler magazine stuff closely or at all, but somehow I got invited to do their overland adventure event. Was a pretty cool experience, saw some neat stuff, met some decent people, and my buddy and I overall had a pretty good time. Bellow are links to the articles they posted, there should be videos at some point as well I believe. Some pretty large galleries of photos in the links as well if anyone is interested enough to go that far.

14-overland-adventure-2022-four-wheeler-oa2022-jeep.jpg
https://www.motortrend.com/events/four-wheeler-overland-adventure-2022-registration-day/

69-overland-adventure-2022-jeep-four-wheeler.jpg
https://www.motortrend.com/events/four-wheeler-overland-adventure-2022-day-1/

82-overland-adventure-2022-jeep-four-wheeler-1.jpg
https://www.motortrend.com/events/four-wheeler-overland-adventure-2022-day-2/

10-overland-adventure-day-3-2022-jeep-four-wheeler.jpg
https://www.motortrend.com/events/four-wheeler-overland-adventure-2022-day-3/

12-overland-adventure-2022-day-4-jeep.jpg
https://www.motortrend.com/events/four-wheeler-overland-adventure-2022-day-4/

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Gotta say this has to be the best upgraded RR I've ever seen! Bravo! I'm sure you've answered this so many times in this thread but could you repeat what you did with the calipers to do the smaller rims on this SC beast?

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Gotta say this has to be the best upgraded RR I've ever seen! Bravo! I'm sure you've answered this so many times in this thread but could you repeat what you did with the calipers to do the smaller rims on this SC beast?
Thank you!
I just put them on. Nothing needed other than making sure the inner wheel weights are positioned so that they don’t interfere with the caliper.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
She’s sprung a leak!

Noticed I was hearing the fan more than usual and then a slight raise in coolant temp on the dash, got home and could smell a hint of coolant. Started doing some investigating and found a leak around the driver side “frame rail”.
Initially I thought it was the control valve but while getting things apart I found a hose that felt abnormally soft so I pulled the hose first and bingo!

6529D30F-8A50-4FE0-BC1F-E2FB67F1988A.jpeg

So problem is, my RR happens to have the metal heater lines and I can’t seem to find the replacement version I need. So if anyone out there happens to know where/how to get replacement hoses in this version that would be super cool! I’d just use some generic hose but apparently one end is 3/4 and the other is 5/8.

05DA55BF-8342-430D-A37A-3999385403FE.jpeg

howirolla

Campfire Passport
I ended up making a trip to a local auto parts store to see if I could find something that I could make work since it seemed as if the Land Rover hose was near impossible to find. Managed to find a hose that was pretty damn close with a little trimming so I went with it.
1CC153F0-76C7-4E42-8C5A-C038AF4FE1D1.jpeg
trimmed up it’s pretty damn close
427D41EA-168D-444E-A6F6-0260A28BCD6A.jpeg
Got it installed and everything is back in action!

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Look it’s still here!
Not a surprise in any way to me honestly, and with our camping season quickly approaching again I guess I better start making more changes/improvements for more personal enjoyment!
First thing was I had been hearing a rattle from the driver rear corner for a while and could never figure out what the heck it was, that was until I found it lol
99DC7985-7586-4E5E-9A9A-3B7DBDAD0EF3.jpeg
I think what went wrong here was the nuts for the shock spacer got a little loose and all the rattling kinda ate it alive. That or I’m just hard on the big girl, actually I know I am so part failure is just the way it goes.
Simple fix though, and I’ll use the opportunity to upgrade by removing the drop spacer entirely and use longer shocks, but figured why not also upgrade the shocks!?
9832A01C-E727-4908-9456-193312386352.jpeg
I gotta say space is definitely limited in the area for the resi but I think I’ve got it angled just right in there.
After the install I went out to a little spot for a quick test drive and to flex the rear so that I could try and measure for better bump stops out back.
ECA82AE1-7E41-4C33-ABB6-981005C1F58F.jpeg
This is full stuff, nothing is touching but boy is it tight!
4636CEB0-EED2-40C1-B3B9-A501C1303C73.jpeg

howirolla

Campfire Passport
I probably should have gotten more pictures of all this but oh well. Since putting the fox’s in the rear I couldn’t help but be annoyed by the ride quality in the front. As you may know there really isn’t much for options to improve that on the L322 so I created my own. Would I do some things differently if I did it again? Yes. But here we are.
E3620F01-86D6-4C13-8971-276ACF92FA65.jpeg
52CB7EEA-B09A-49F5-BDE1-06BB6BBF943E.jpeg
I’ll start by saying this option isn’t exactly for everyone out there lol. Cut the stock strut body’s open and removed the insert.
22E052EF-5E41-4704-BC17-CEF26B07FA9C.jpeg
Then I took the top hat and the spring perch to a buddy to open up the hole a bit, and built an upper mount for the top of the shock.
2C7ABB4B-7DDF-4C32-B7BF-B14259ACDFE3.jpeg
I had to make a bushing for inside the strut body to help prevent deflection as well. I made small cuts every 1/4” into the body and painted them white so that I can make adjustments to height because with this I will be eliminating the strut spacer I was using.
55A26C7F-5093-485D-B4E1-3165F425C339.jpeg
Here was the upsetting part, making space for everything in the tower.
42AFEB76-92D0-4708-9FE2-73A149167097.jpeg
I need to get the reservoirs mounted still but it’s good for some easy test drives for the moment. So far there is a very clear difference in ride quality.
E21E9A2B-5733-4859-AC16-59DA163F657E.jpeg
Was it worth all the hassle…undecided lol

SkiWill

Was it worth all the hassle…undecided lol

Wow. That was some serious dedication. Makes me feel better about the comparatively non complex task of maintaining an EAS system though.

Also, I love the shirt. Reminds me of the "Ford circles their problems and highlights them in blue joke." I guess Land Rover circles their problems and uses a green highlighter instead.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Wow. That was some serious dedication. Makes me feel better about the comparatively non complex task of maintaining an EAS system though.

Also, I love the shirt. Reminds me of the "Ford circles their problems and highlights them in blue joke." I guess Land Rover circles their problems and uses a green highlighter instead.
Honestly in my opinion the coils already rode better than the bags, it was just the noticeable difference in how nice the rear was compared to the stock fronts after changing from 5100’s to foxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles