Drove a JKU and JLU back to back yesterday...JK is still better.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
Lets just hope that FCA didn't just "BOND' that plastic conn, just like a frying pan !

W.E.

JIMBO

Bobzdar

Observer
Exactly. My fenders are stock and they do not have uber expensive LED signals in the fenders. Someone is trying to come up with crap here! and it's not me!

LED's are optional, if that's really your big concern you can get regular old bulbs.

Guys, the replacement shifter part is like 10 bucks. Not like it's some unobtainium part that costs thousands. Can't wait for the electronics to crap out in the dash of the JL. At least with the JK you can pull the stereo in 15 mins and install a cheap replacement. the un even fender line is FUGLY too!

I don't think any part on any Jeep is unobtainium, that's not really a concern with the JL or JK. It's more the fact that it breaks on the trail.

As to the rest, well sounds more emotion than any logic there.

autism family travels

I have yet to see a JL without led running lights / signal light combos. NOPE. LOGIC for the rest too. I have had a few stereos crap the bed. The last was my 130 in my JKU. 20 mins after the replacement was delivered, it was installed and working as it should. NOT going to do that if something happens with the new ones. Back to the signal lights on the fender. They will be taking the main impact from the branches etc where as the "signal lights" you claim are on the JK are on the side and will only get scratched. Anyways....enjoy your JL. I will enjoy MY JK!

DallasJKU

Adventurer
If its not a Rubicon, the JL is pretty ugly. I also wasn't impressed and ended up with a Recon which was a way better buy at the time. I would never buy a year one Fiat/Jeep product ever. The JL will be more attractive to me in 4 years when they have the bugs worked out and the aftermarket is there in full force.

Hristo34

Would it take much to cut holes in grill and mount JK style lights there? I'm sure that, mixed with aftermarket fenders would make it look better.

Hristo34

Or to save on all that work, you can just buy a JK....
Sure, but if you want all the other features a JL offers, and all that's hanging you up are the fenders and lights... I wasn't being sarcastic, I don't really like the fender/light combo on the JL and would do this if I got one, though in fairness, I think JK fenders are ugly an would be replacing those too if I had one.

jadmt

ignore button user
I forgot to add the 2 door photo. If I was in the market for another 2 door wrangler I could handle the looks of this but unless I could talk my wife into getting a 2 door for her dd i will never again get a 2 door. For some reason it looks less soft than the 4 door to me.
IMG_20180815_100037376_HDR_zpsmji8furb.jpg

autism family travels

Yeah. I dunno. I just wasn’t impressed with the jl. I took the jl Sahara for a drive then took a jk Sahara for a ride right after and the jk felt better. Both were brand new with less than 200km on the clock.

TxJprs

Observer
Drove my 2015 JKUR to a dealer and drove a JLUR. Wow, did I like it. SO, many things better than my JKUR. I'll be ordering a JLUR when the '19 order banks open up.

That said, I hated the TJ and owned three of them. I hated the JK and owned four of them. I hate the JL and will be buying my first before end of the year...

homeguy

Observer
I just found out last night that the JL have some weld issues. One of my friends has a cracked weld on the track bar located on the frame. Did a search and it’s common. The welds are coming apart driving on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles