Drone Adventure Van VIDEO - I Built my Dream Van!

DroneVanLife

The motorized landing pad is to stop "Compass Errors" by moving the drone away from the metal of van.. The phantoms have the compass built in the feet of the drone so if you set it on your car or near metal you will get a compass error and not be able to take off.. this solves that problem... In the beginning I tired to take off from the green roof pad but the metal was still a problem even with it elevated a couple inches and on 1in thick wood.

Not trying to be the police, just stimulate an educational discussion perhaps.

A lot of recreational and some commercial drone pilots are breaking the law on a regular basis. It's not necessary and could result in the FAA and local LE basically shutting everyone down completely in a legal reaction that just swings too far in the other direction.

OP, Looks like a very cool van - curious, why did you motorize the landing pad to extend off to the side?

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Oh ok - yeah I have a Mavic and it has no problems with takeoff and landing on my fiberglass truck topper, but won't take off from the hood.

flyboyaviator

OP you have a great van, and a potential great business.

regardless of how i operate the drone it is always within visual line of sight. except for that time i went to Spain and filmed the "running of the bulls" with my drone. But that as before they knew what drones were and the regulations were not in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke