Driving a 30’ Box Truck Over Engineer Pass, in an attempt to prove SWB 4x4 drivetrains aren’t really needed....

Recommended books for Overlanding

National Geographic Road Atlas 2021: Adventure Edition [U...
by tional Geographic Maps
From $22.46
Vehicle-dependent Expedition Guide
by Tom Sheppard
From $115.7
Jupiters Travels: Four Years Around the World on a Triumph
by Ted Simon
From $17.54
Don't Go There. It's Not Safe. You'll Die.: And other mor...
by Jared McCaffree, Jessica Mans, Kobus Mans
From $19.99
Tschiffely's Ride: Ten Thousand Miles in the Saddle from ...
by Aimé Tschiffely
From $10.99

billiebob

hey some truckers don't even leave the road to prove how stupid they can be

this is Revelstoke last week, leaving Tim Hortons

IMG_0413.jpeg

Recommended books for Overlanding

Overlanding the Americas: La Lucha
by Mr Graeme Robert Bell
From $20
Sailing Alone Around the World: a Personal Account of the...
by Joshua Slocum
From $26
Tortillas to Totems (Every day an Adventure Book 4)
by Sam Manicom
From $9.99
Road Fever (Vintage Departures)
by Tim Cahill
From $6.99
Tschiffely's Ride: Ten Thousand Miles in the Saddle from ...
by Aimé Tschiffely
From $10.99

1stDeuce

Explorer
I'm sure it's gone by now. They don't mess around looking for excuses not to recover vehicles in Silverton, they just get it done.

Interestingly, I figured he came up from Lake City, as that's an easy drive nearly to the top, but the article points to him having come from Silverton. I'd guess he was either stoned, or that he had a significant language barrier and some experience driving 3rd world country roads... Alternately, he was from the east coast, where all roads lead to somewhere... Plus, he was certainly an idiot. Even just making it to Animas Forks would have been a total adventure... To continue up toward Engineer from there, with "jeep" signs all along the way just emphasizes the depth of stupidity required.

WOODY2

Adventurer
I'm sure it's gone by now. They don't mess around looking for excuses not to recover vehicles in Silverton, they just get it done.

Interestingly, I figured he came up from Lake City, as that's an easy drive nearly to the top, but the article points to him having come from Silverton. I'd guess he was either stoned, or that he had a significant language barrier and some experience driving 3rd world country roads... Alternately, he was from the east coast, where all roads lead to somewhere... Plus, he was certainly an idiot. Even just making it to Animas Forks would have been a total adventure... To continue up toward Engineer from there, with "jeep" signs all along the way just emphasizes the depth of stupidity required.
Rumor has it he was a bus driver from a third world country and used to climbing mountain passes to get to the next country. He thought it would be a piece of cake without 49 people on the roof. :LOL: