Driven Over Land - Short Film

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
Many of you have seen this, some maybe haven't. I just never thought about posting the video here before, but I know I should have. ExPo is where I gained so much knowledge when I was first getting organized in this lifestyle. Anyhow, enjoy!

To those who have been following my BUILD THREAD, I'll be updating it again soon. This video was a lot of work so my thread has taken a backseat, but I'll get it updated with recent travels as soon as we get back from this month's trip.

irish44j

Great vid. I'm always jealous of you guys out west who have so much amazing terrain to explore. There's some interesting stuff here out east, but nothing near that scale.

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
Great vid. I'm always jealous of you guys out west who have so much amazing terrain to explore. There's some interesting stuff here out east, but nothing near that scale.

Yeah, we're in Central Texas so when we want to go out-of-state it's a 5- to 8-hour drive before we even hit the border. I've driven mine through parts of CA, AZ, UT, NM, CO, OK, AR, and TX, so it just takes some time in the hotseat to go see the country. Where exactly are you located? We all flew to NYC to buy one of the silver Gen 3's and drove it back to Texas over a weekend and now we can't wait to head out East to explore!

It looks like a great time was had by all!
Thanks for sharing...
Cheers

It was a blast as always! Just stoked we had the opportunity to film it this time.

Rad video!

Thanks!

Good job on the video.

Thank you! It was a group effort for sure!

irish44j

Yeah, we're in Central Texas so when we want to go out-of-state it's a 5- to 8-hour drive before we even hit the border. I've driven mine through parts of CA, AZ, UT, NM, CO, OK, AR, and TX, so it just takes some time in the hotseat to go see the country. Where exactly are you located? We all flew to NYC to buy one of the silver Gen 3's and drove it back to Texas over a weekend and now we can't wait to head out East to explore!

I'm in the DC area, so while there are some cool country roads, not much where you can (legally) have fun offroad until you go 3-4 hours to GW National Forest. Much more stuff up in New England area - we go up there for stage rally, but that's mostly on fire roads and logging roads, and going too fast to enjoy the scenery lol. I have a number of friends who do some pretty interesting wheeling up there though.

My next long road trip is cross-country to California in the 1988 Porsche I just brought back to life......after that is done and I get the Raider build completed, I'll start thinking about what kind of overland trip I can manage in the future. But driving a SWB Gen1 long distances probably isn't quite as nice as doing it in a Gen3 lol (other option is to do it in my Sequioa, but that's more set up for towing and rally service). Lots of plans, less time and money! Til then i'll live vicariously though those of you who post great vids of doing the things i would like to do!

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
I'm in the DC area, so while there are some cool country roads, not much where you can (legally) have fun offroad until you go 3-4 hours to GW National Forest. Much more stuff up in New England area - we go up there for stage rally, but that's mostly on fire roads and logging roads, and going too fast to enjoy the scenery lol. I have a number of friends who do some pretty interesting wheeling up there though.

My next long road trip is cross-country to California in the 1988 Porsche I just brought back to life......after that is done and I get the Raider build completed, I'll start thinking about what kind of overland trip I can manage in the future. But driving a SWB Gen1 long distances probably isn't quite as nice as doing it in a Gen3 lol (other option is to do it in my Sequioa, but that's more set up for towing and rally service). Lots of plans, less time and money! Til then i'll live vicariously though those of you who post great vids of doing the things i would like to do!

Your cross-country Porsche trip sounds like a blast! A friend of mine who used to work for Cobb and now tunes for BBi, had a similar opportunity to drive from TX to CA in his 964. Your route will no doubt be much more interesting than Interstate-10. LOL! Safe travels!

haolepinoy

Incomplete Idiot
I really enjoyed following along as you posted pics of the trip to your IG. My boys were stoked to see the Gen 3 Monteros in the video. They're so used to seeing Toyotas and Jeeps in all the videos we watch that I think it was a shock to see their beloved Mitsubishi out there making dust. Made them look forward to our own next trip.

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
Great videography.

Thank you!

I really enjoyed following along as you posted pics of the trip to your IG. My boys were stoked to see the Gen 3 Monteros in the video. They're so used to seeing Toyotas and Jeeps in all the videos we watch that I think it was a shock to see their beloved Mitsubishi out there making dust. Made them look forward to our own next trip.

That is great! I'm happy to hear your boys are inspired by it! You know, Montero/Pajero have to be one of the most common 4x4s on the planet and yet there's no quality content that features them. I think we're onto something here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94