Drifta Drawer Style Build (Toyota Prado 120/ Lexus GX470)

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
I cannot believe how well these turned out!

Having built some drawers in the past, I am very jealous.

Take me under your wing and show me your ways.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I'd thought I posted it already, take a look at the IKEA catalog. They have a lot of screw-in table legs and the mounting hardware, for their mix-and-match desk setups. Or they might give you some ideas. Should be easy to use some form of dowel rod, or even make your own. Look at the awning poles I fashioned from EMT conduit in my awning topic, linked in my sig.

The staining on the ply looks good, you going to put a clear poly coat on it?

GXWagon

Adventurer
I'd thought I posted it already, take a look at the IKEA catalog. They have a lot of screw-in table legs and the mounting hardware, for their mix-and-match desk setups. Or they might give you some ideas. Should be easy to use some form of dowel rod, or even make your own. Look at the awning poles I fashioned from EMT conduit in my awning topic, linked in my sig.

The staining on the ply looks good, you going to put a clear poly coat on it?

Cheers thanks for the tips on Ikea.

Step 17
Tells all about the clear coat I put on.

GXWagon

Adventurer
The and more I use these drawers the better they are sliding. I was really happy with how they slid in the beginning, but now it's as if they float. It's amazing. Also no rattling or banging around. They are silent back there even on rough terrain. I love them.

I also built an optional extension that clips to the rear of the drawers to make a sleeping platform. I will post photos soon!

I also bought some cheap card table for $15 on craigslist and hacked the legs off. They fold up and work perfectly for my slide out table. I will also post photos of that soon too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier