Drawer storage kit

SSG

Hello,

I am in the market for a trunk drawer storage system and wanted to ask what are some recommended systems?

Right now I am looking at getting the one Front Runner makes specifically for the G-Wagen.

Thanks.

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
ARB and Truck Vault also make nice drawers.

I like the Truck Vaults a lot. Had one in my Land Rover Discovery 2 for a few years. It has a unique roller system instead of drawer slides. Great unit. I have not had one in my G.

Craig

SSG

Yeah Truck Vault looks like it is really good quality but looks expensive too but then again quality usually is lol.

creede

Do ARB or Truck Vault make systems specifically for the G? I glanced at the site but didn't see anything. I'd say having the exact fit of the Frontrunner system is a no brainer.

craig

Do ARB or Truck Vault make systems specifically for the G? I glanced at the site but didn't see anything. I'd say having the exact fit of the Frontrunner system is a no brainer.

I doubt ARB does. Truck Vault may. They support A LOT of vehicles.

I like that the Front Runner drawers are an exact fit for the G. They seem a bit tall though. Not sure my ARB fridge could open with those, and my girlfriend definitely couldn’t see inside it.

creede

I doubt ARB does. Truck Vault may. They support A LOT of vehicles.

I like that the Front Runner drawers are an exact fit for the G. They seem a bit tall though. Not sure my ARB fridge could open with those, and my girlfriend definitely couldn’t see inside it.

I have an old National Luna mounted on top of my drawers. It's tall for sure, but we have a small $15 fold out stool that makes access a non issues. My 5'4" wife has no problems getting into it. I may add a drop down fridge slide in the future but it's fairly low on the priority list.

craig

My ARB/Engel fridge must be taller than the national luna. We’re using a step stool too, but the fridge opening enough to get the basket in/out is my bigger concern.

Great drawer system. Sounds like it works well for you. Do the back seats fold down to the same height as those drawers to serve as a sleeping platform?

creede

My ARB/Engel fridge must be taller than the national luna. We’re using a step stool too, but the fridge opening enough to get the basket in/out is my bigger concern.

Great drawer system. Sounds like it works well for you. Do the back seats fold down to the same height as those drawers to serve as a sleeping platform?

Yes, same height. The drawers stop right at the rear seats and with the seats folded down you have one big flat surface. I'm 5'10" and there is just enough room to sleep.

safariguy

Observer
I had the Frontrunner drawers and they were wonderful. My only complaint was that I didn't like the lock on them to be a key, as I would have rather had a combination lock instead.

inkblotz

I had a set of drawers custom made by pptexas.com. They made the storage system for police and fire departments. Because the 463 door does not open a full 90 the drawer on the left is not as wide. These are made/welded/fused together totally out of heavy duty plastic. There are no runners as the plastic slides on itself. Every once in awhile you wipe down the bottoms of the drawers and spray a little Amorall on them and then you are good to go again. Because the fit of the drawers are so tight there are 6 vent slots at the back side to release the air pressure. The drawers pull out with one finger even fully loaded. They pull all the way out to within 3-4 inches and can easily support the contents. They are lockable and have spring handles so there is no rattling. There is a tie down rail around the perimeter. I have a SWB and had the box built to go all the way from the door edge to where the floor drops down behind the front seats. This a a super stout system. What a game changer for me and all the tools that I carry. The dividers in the drawers can be removed for longer items.

Attachments

• IMG_8257.JPG
    IMG_8257.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8258.JPG
    IMG_8258.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8259.JPG
    IMG_8259.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Forum statistics