DRAM 2, Dirt Roads Across Maine.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
I haven't placed mine yet either.

In other news the X heads to the shop on Monday to get fixed. New ring, pinion, carrier, and spider gears. New front diff with correct ratio to match the rear goes in the week after.

We're all going to need to see some carnage pics when they become available....

SG

Last edited:

ExploringNH

Explorer
I keep forgetting to post here but everyone on the trip should check/replace their air filter. I had a brand new filter when the trip started and when I got home I banged out a good 1" pile of dust from it.

SmoothLC

Explorer
What an awesome TR!

Makes me want to drive to Maine and go exploring.

Having some connection to Lincolnville, I've always wanted to visit that part of the country.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Thanks guys!

Lincolnville is a great little town in the summer. Maine is worth the visit and depending on what kind of activities you're into, any season has its benefits. I personally prefer the summer, but there are thousands that flock here during the winter for Skiing, Snowmobiling, etc.

SG

ExploringNH

Explorer
I was lovin' Boomer before this trip report, but now I need one for myself. Great report!!

If you think it is bad just looking at photos, try being behind him for a few days! I was pretty much on Craigslist as we drove, trying to find one for sale. It is an awesome rig.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
The old van holds its own, that's for sure. Now if I could only cram 37's under there!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I can't speak for the rest of the team, but I already find myself getting pumped for the next installment of this trip hopefully some time next year.

SG

Great write up of what looks like it was an awesome trip! Would have loved to have been able to join you guys out there this year but it wasn't in the cards for me. If you do it again I will definitely be looking to join up with you guys. Maine has been on my list since I started getting into all of this and the pictures from the trip look awesome.

Toyman01

Adventurer
Outstanding report and a wonderful trip. Snow around here is rare, but I do love going out to the national forest when it does show up. Going deep into the forest, shuting down the truck and just sit there listening to nothing. As you said, the silence is deafening.

Thanks for sharing.

DR1665

Gearheads United
It's 54°F and "sunny" here in Scottsdale, AZ, at 0420hrs, but I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this adventure on a quiet night shift in a data center. Much as I love the desert SW, there's just something about the North Woods that calls to me. Hope to make it out there one day. And have an adventure like this.

Kudos to you for not only trying the trip again, but pulling together a diverse group of folks to share it with. Looking forward to DRAM3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles